My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had two instances one week apart where radio volume fades to zero and can't be turned back up (even if I try to shut radio off). Both times had sirius on, 2nd time was on blue tooth phone conversation, each time was about 1 hour into an 1 hour 45 minute interstate highway drive roughly 45 degrees outside. No warning. Works the next day! Any guidance or insights?

Car has 3500 miles on it.

· Registered
273 Posts
No input that will be of help unfortunately. It has happened to me a few times. long trip etc.... Since it is at random and only after your driving for a long time the dealership never was able to duplicate.
It has to be a bug in the software . Mine reset after the Jeep was turned off for a few hours, then it would work normally as if nothing ever happened...

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No input that will be of help unfortunately. It has happened to me a few times. long trip etc.... Since it is at random and only after your driving for a long time the dealership never was able to duplicate.
It has to be a bug in the software . Mine reset after the Jeep was turned off for a few hours, then it would work normally as if nothing ever happened...
Thanks. Sounds like the same issue. Went through the radio features today and noticed a setting for speed sensitive volume ; I turned it off-hopeful it had something to do with it. Will post again if it recurs.

· Registered
640 Posts
Thanks. Sounds like the same issue. Went through the radio features today and noticed a setting for speed sensitive volume ; I turned it off-hopeful it had something to do with it. Will post again if it recurs.
Hi ebtjeep1,

If this recurs, feel welcome to message our team and we'd be happy to look into any internal resources for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi ebtjeep1,

If this recurs, feel welcome to message our team and we'd be happy to look into any internal resources for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Had two instances one week apart where radio volume fades to zero and can't be turned back up (even if I try to shut radio off). Both times had sirius on, 2nd time was on blue tooth phone conversation, each time was about 1 hour into an 1 hour 45 minute interstate highway drive roughly 45 degrees outside. No warning. Works the next day! Any guidance or insights?

I have similar issue on Jeep Compass 2022, but it happens if I am driving 2 minutes out of my driveway, and is sporadic so I cannot duplicate it, and I never set anything up on the car to make this happen...it happens when I am listening to Sirius or regular radio stations or using my phone on speaker. I am stymied/flumoxed about this, brand new car, why why is this happening??? Jeep cares, what do you say about that? my car has only 633 miles...

· Registered
640 Posts
I have similar issue on Jeep Compass 2022, but it happens if I am driving 2 minutes out of my driveway, and is sporadic so I cannot duplicate it, and I never set anything up on the car to make this happen...it happens when I am listening to Sirius or regular radio stations or using my phone on speaker. I am stymied/flumoxed about this, brand new car, why why is this happening??? Jeep cares, what do you say about that? my car has only 633 miles...
Hi Notprime,

I'm sorry to hear this happening to you as well. Feel free to send our team a private message with any additional details about your Compass. I'd be happy to search any internal resources on this for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
6 Posts

I am go thru this right now with my vehicle i purchased my car at 35 miles and i started having issue with the volume i have soft reset the radio and i Hard reset the radio i even updated my android Auto and nothing it resets on its own after you turn off the vehicle i have an appt with the dealer hear soon. It drives me insane!

· Registered
640 Posts
I am go thru this right now with my vehicle i purchased my car at 35 miles and i started having issue with the volume i have soft reset the radio and i Hard reset the radio i even updated my android Auto and nothing it resets on its own after you turn off the vehicle i have an appt with the dealer hear soon. It drives me insane!
We're happy to provide an extra layer of support to you during your upcoming service appointment, Ayishab. Our team is available via private message if you're interested.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
640 Posts
Yes I am interested if there is anything I can mention to service that would be useful I would appreciate this.
Certainly, Ayishab

Send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, phone number, email and the name of your dealer to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, tonight, 1 week and and 1day later, it happened again on the same drive in the exact manner it did the last time, although I wasn’t engaged in a phone call. Steph would appreciate if you can let me know how to private message I can use some additional resources. If there is anything I can do via resets or if a fix is in works over the air prefer to go that route as I don’t have time to get it into the dealer for at least a couple of weeks.

· Registered
640 Posts
Well, tonight, 1 week and and 1day later, it happened again on the same drive in the exact manner it did the last time, although I wasn’t engaged in a phone call. Steph would appreciate if you can let me know how to private message I can use some additional resources. If there is anything I can do via resets or if a fix is in works over the air prefer to go that route as I don’t have time to get it into the dealer for at least a couple of weeks.
Hello ebtjeep1,

To start a conversation, click our username then select the ‘start a conversation’ button and send us a message from there. You can also give a call to 877-426-5337 if you wish to speak with a live agent.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
12 Posts
Here is the followup.................First, Jeep called me and offered no help just take to dealership, YEP I did that. JEEP dealership kept it one day, said they could not replicate, couldn't figure anything out, take it home and hope down the road there is a fix/ update, as currently i am totally up to date, and currently it still happens, so SORRY EVERYONE, TAKING TO DEALERSHIP WAS A WASTE OF TIME, BRAND NEW 2022 AND THIS IS WHAT I GET? I HAVE LEARNED A LESSON, DON'T BUY JEEP, I GOT WAY BETTER HELP FROM HONDA, TOYOTA ETC... NEVER BOUGHT JEEP BEFORE, AND NOW I AM DONE BUYING FROM THEM...NO HELP...

· Registered
6 Posts
Although not the same issue, my 2022 would simply have a blank screen on occasion with no way to turn it on. Might come back if restarted, might not. Finally when it was blank I took it to the dealer. I left the car running in the lot and had the service writer come to the car to see the blank screen. Made an appointment and they rebooted something. Worked for a time then the same issue. They then ordered a new radio which has been installed and (knocking on wood) have not had a problem. The dealer gave me zero grief in ordering the new radio. Seems like this forum issue is a radio problem so maybe it needs to be replaced. Since the service writer saw my problem first hand there was no "we weren't able to duplicate" excuse.

· Registered
12 Posts
Although not the same issue, my 2022 would simply have a blank screen on occasion with no way to turn it on. Might come back if restarted, might not. Finally when it was blank I took it to the dealer. I left the car running in the lot and had the service writer come to the car to see the blank screen. Made an appointment and they rebooted something. Worked for a time then the same issue. They then ordered a new radio which has been installed and (knocking on wood) have not had a problem. The dealer gave me zero grief in ordering the new radio. Seems like this forum issue is a radio problem so maybe it needs to be replaced. Since the service writer saw my problem first hand there was no "we weren't able to duplicate" excuse.
That is a good outcome, unfortunately, my radio is sporadic, by the time I get to dealership it would come back on most likely. They did admit one guy had problem that was happening every 35 minutes, but they did replace his radio... mine is too sporadic for that so... I will just have to bite my tongue and persevere.

· Registered
8 Posts
If you can enter settings from apps icon do a factory reset- we did a factory reset because we were having issues with the volume decreasing after 1-2hours, didn't matter sirus, fm,am or Bluetooth. I'm willing to bet a factory reset would fix most uConnect issues.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Notprime, I'm sorry to hear this happening to you as well. Feel free to send our team a private message with any additional details about your Compass. I'd be happy to search any internal resources on this for you. Steph Jeep Cares
I just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Limited 2 weeks ago and this is happening to me also. The sounds starts to fade then goes away completely! I’m very frustrated and I’ve called the dealer and they have been no help at all. They said there isn’t a fix for this yet. Sucks buying a brand new vehicle and it already doesn’t work properly!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts