My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Limited 2 weeks ago and this is happening to me also. The sounds starts to fade then goes away completely! I’m very frustrated and I’ve called the dealer and they have been no help at all. They said there isn’t a fix for this yet. Sucks buying a brand new vehicle and it already doesn’t work properly!
I know they just told me to wait and see if some update on the computer... really dissapointed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just bought a 2022 Jeep Compass Limited 2 weeks ago and this is happening to me also. The sounds starts to fade then goes away completely! I’m very frustrated and I’ve called the dealer and they have been no help at all. They said there isn’t a fix for this yet. Sucks buying a brand new vehicle and it already doesn’t work properly!
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Please send us a PM, our team would be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I haven't posted for quite a while, because the problem seemed to go away after I restarted the radio through using the menu. That said I havn't taken a long drive (my commute is fairly short, typically an hour).

Unfortunately when I bought my 2022 Limited I doubled down and bought my daughter got the same car on the same day - she lives in Boston and comes home every now and again and I wanted her in something safe, comfortable, that can handle the rough weather.

After 3 trips to Boston the issue first surfaced on her vehicle when she came home two weeks ago. She pulled into a rest stop, was in there 10 minutes or so and it worked after she restarted the vehicle for the remainder of the trip. Before she went back to Boston I restarted the radio in the same manner as mine, and she went home without an issue outside of the radio turning off and off with a loud buzz (mine has done it a couple of times, everyting seems to work afterward).

Unfortunately on her Thanksgiving ride home this weekended (6 + hour trip) it happened to hera again (she was having a phone conversation at the time, and the volume just slowly faded out and wouldn't work). It cured itself after a rest stop visit but didn't last for even a 1/2 hour. With my Jeep its an annoyance, with her its a safety issue as the radio helps keeps her alert on wrong drives. Now I have the hassle of having to bring into a dealer. Both purchased in July, shes at 3300 and I'm at 4500 miles. Mind boggling that this can happen on a brand new car with a $38k MSRP. Extremely frustrating. I'll try calling the 1-800 number tomorrow prior to making my dealer appointment (hopefully they are open) to see if they have any tips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I haven't posted for quite a while, because the problem seemed to go away after I restarted the radio through using the menu. That said I havn't taken a long drive (my commute is fairly short, typically an hour).

Unfortunately when I bought my 2022 Limited I doubled down and bought my daughter got the same car on the same day - she lives in Boston and comes home every now and again and I wanted her in something safe, comfortable, that can handle the rough weather.

After 3 trips to Boston the issue first surfaced on her vehicle when she came home two weeks ago. She pulled into a rest stop, was in there 10 minutes or so and it worked after she restarted the vehicle for the remainder of the trip. Before she went back to Boston I restarted the radio in the same manner as mine, and she went home without an issue outside of the radio turning off and off with a loud buzz (mine has done it a couple of times, everyting seems to work afterward).

Unfortunately on her Thanksgiving ride home this weekended (6 + hour trip) it happened to hera again (she was having a phone conversation at the time, and the volume just slowly faded out and wouldn't work). It cured itself after a rest stop visit but didn't last for even a 1/2 hour. With my Jeep its an annoyance, with her its a safety issue as the radio helps keeps her alert on wrong drives. Now I have the hassle of having to bring into a dealer. Both purchased in July, shes at 3300 and I'm at 4500 miles. Mind boggling that this can happen on a brand new car with a $38k MSRP. Extremely frustrating. I'll try calling the 1-800 number tomorrow prior to making my dealer appointment (hopefully they are open) to see if they have any tips.
Please post what they tell you at dealership, I will be very interested and hope they won't just put you off as they did me ( bought mine in August have 945 miles)and tell you oh wait for a computer update....blah, sorry you got hit in two cars with this problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Please post what they tell you at dealership, I will be very interested and hope they won't just put you off as they did me ( bought mine in August have 945 miles)and tell you oh wait for a computer update....blah, sorry you got hit in two cars with this problem.
Will do; likely be closer to Christmas (if I can get an appt) ; she has to get through finals. I'm hopeful FCA is actively looking at and trying to act on these posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Update: called the 1-877-426-5337 number. Caller was professional, heard tme out about my issue with both vehicles. She looked it up using her resources and said Jeep wasn't aware of the issue, as a result she didn't have any trips I can try here in my driveway and suggested bringing it to the dealer as they have more resources.

Given the number of posts in this thread, others, and the fact that folks have indicated they took vehicles to the dealer for this issue it doesn't sound right. That said she only knows what information she has an available. I made an appointment latter half of December nonetheless & will keep folks posted.

I also asked for and was provided a case number as, unfortunately, I'm now keeping formal records on everything from here on out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello JeepCares
We purchased a 2022 Compass at the beginning of November for a road trip. We generally drive the car about 15 minutes to and from work and did not notice anything wrong with the audio system. At 285 miles, we took the car on a road trip to visit a new baby and we were into the drive about 50 minutes and had noticed that the radio had faded out. We went through all the settings to see if we could recover the audio and nothing worked. We had shut off the car at a rest stop for about 15 minutes or so and when we restarted our trip the radio would last about 15 minutes and would fade out again. (Very annoying when the safety features don't work.). Upon arriving at our destination, we took the car to the local dealership and they said it was a defective audio system and that it needed replacing. I have done some research and have found (in this forum) that UConnect is working on a fix for this issue. When I get back to my home, I am going to take the car to our local dealer to have it looked at there. Is there a problem with the programming that a software update will fix this problem.

Thanks
LeRoy

21 - 27 of 27 Posts