My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to our Jeep Brand enthusiasts,

We've been monitoring your conversations and hear your concerns surrounding your Uconnect 5 systems, and a "Uconnect Box Requires Service" error message that you may be receiving. We wanted to provide some clarification, to put your minds at ease. We can confirm that the pop up does not reflect an internal radio error that requires a dealership visit. We apologize for the concern and confusion that this may cause you, but please know that our teams are actively working on a resolution. At this time, we are able to confirm the fix will be delivered via an over-the-air update to the telematics box module (TBM). While our teams are hoping to release this software fix by the end of Q1 2022, this timing is subject to change at any time and we appreciate your patience throughout the process.

If anyone has additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a private message or reach out to our friends at @UconnectCares on Twitter.

We appreciate your patience,

Jeep Cares

Reactions: lundy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a new 2022 Jeep compass on the 4th of May. Since purchasing my radio has malfunctioned numerous times. Today I got the "Box requires service Message". When My unit malfunctions the volume on the radio and phone go so low it is impossible to hear anything. It seems that in my case the malfunction is triggered by an incoming phone call. After the call and during the call the volumes stay low until I shut off the car and let the vehicle and radio cool down. After about 10-15 minutes when I start the vehicle both volumes are back to normal. Indicating to me a heat problem. Also when the malfunction happens if I touch the upper back part of the radio it is way to hot for electronics parts to work properly without some sort of cooling. The heat problem could cause many problems that might cause other indications.

I am an old retired Hewlett-Packard service tech (both factory and field service). and to me my problem seem to be heat related. I have seen heat and cold cause many problems over the years.

The Rapid City Jeep folks are working with me to resolve the problem. However if it is a heat problem it more than likely cannot be cured in the field by programing etc. or some download.

If Jeep people are monitoring this web site I am more than willing to be a part of your beta testing of a fix......and I am sure the local Jeep people will help if needed as they are great folks.

Thank You....GFM

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m having the same issue but it is not giving me a heat problem. Although when this happens I noticed the radio is hot. At the dealer they are not able to resolved the issue.
Yesterday I removed the blue tooth programing from both the radio and my smart phone. So far the radio has not malfunctioned. Have to see if it really makes a difference. The back of the 10.1 inch radio I have is still very hot to the touch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a new 2022 Jeep compass on the 4th of May. Since purchasing my radio has malfunctioned numerous times. Today I got the "Box requires service Message". When My unit malfunctions the volume on the radio and phone go so low it is impossible to hear anything. It seems that in my case the malfunction is triggered by an incoming phone call. After the call and during the call the volumes stay low until I shut off the car and let the vehicle and radio cool down. After about 10-15 minutes when I start the vehicle both volumes are back to normal. Indicating to me a heat problem. Also when the malfunction happens if I touch the upper back part of the radio it is way to hot for electronics parts to work properly without some sort of cooling. The heat problem could cause many problems that might cause other indications.

I am an old retired Hewlett-Packard service tech (both factory and field service). and to me my problem seem to be heat related. I have seen heat and cold cause many problems over the years.

The Rapid City Jeep folks are working with me to resolve the problem. However if it is a heat problem it more than likely cannot be cured in the field by programing etc. or some download.

If Jeep people are monitoring this web site I am more than willing to be a part of your beta testing of a fix......and I am sure the local Jeep people will help if needed as they are great folks.

Thank You....GFM
Today 5/23/2022 I went to rapid city approx 55 miles from home. Radio worked well on the way up On the way back the volume started to drop at about 25 miles on the trip Very light rain all the way with 40-50 temp, cloudy outside. Radio was running fairly cool to the touch but no volume whatsoever. Got to Custer and went to the parts store to check on a backorderd item .Came out about 10 min later, started the car and the volume was back to normal. Hummmm Have an appointment for the 27th for the dealer to take a look at the radio. I had disconnected the blue tooth both the car and phone a couple days ago. I will now reconnect the blue tooth link and see how it acts as that seemed to not affect the main problem now.

I hate to do it but I traded a 2021 two door JL jeep for this car and it worked very well. If this problem is not fixed in a reasonable amount of time..........back to a Toyota of some type. In my web search I noticed that all accross the FCA line the 5 version of the radios used in their vehicles are causing a lot of problems. I hope on Friday they can reslove the problem cause I like the car and the dealer has a great crew.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thank You....GFM
Hi maccus,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any update on this?
Friday the 27th of May took the Jeep to the dealer for them to do their thing. All day Friday and Saturday everything worked well. On Sunday morning twice I got the message to take the unit to the dealer for service. I cleared the message out and radio was working again. In the afternoon on the way back my daughter called me on the phone while I was in the car the volume went so far down You could just barley hear it. The volume bar graph was maxed out however. So it looks like we are back where we started. I will go to the dealer on Tuesday and chat with them. If they cannot replace the radio with a new one I will make arrangements to buy a new car from any dealer that has a working 2022 vehicle.

Shame what has happened to all the FCA vehicles lately. Reminds me of when Fiat bought Allis Chalmers a good company..........after the name was changed to Fiat Allis for a while they were ok and then they went out of business...sad.........

I feel sorry for the dealers service crew as they are good nice folks and I am sure they do not like having to deal with equipment that they know is not repairable at their level.....they can dance only so long.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi maccus,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Jeep Cares
I’m having the same issue I purchased my Jeep Compass limited 2022 on May 2022 and experiencing the same issue, the car was at the dealer since last week Tuesday I got it back Friday with nothing done. And today I called the dealer and ask them for a soliton according to them the car manufacturer is not getting back to help them resolved the issue. I honestly will take legal actions if this is not resolved ASAP. I took the car back today I hope this get fixed because either they change the radio or change the car.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m having the same issue I purchased my Jeep Compass limited 2022 on May 2022 and experiencing the same issue, the car was at the dealer since last week Tuesday I got it back Friday with nothing done. And today I called the dealer and ask them for a soliton according to them the car manufacturer is not getting back to help them resolved the issue. I honestly will take legal actions if this is not resolved ASAP. I took the car back today I hope this get fixed because either they change the radio or change the car.
Hi Araly13,
We understand the frustration. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN as well for further assistance.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2021 (2022 for USA) Compass 4xE 240hp version S full equip
61 Posts
Is this issue also applicable to the message:

“Battery of uconnect box requests maintenance. Please visit your dealer”?

Compass 4xE S; delivered Nov 2021 in Spain.

Only symptom noticed = Help button not working.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is this issue also applicable to the message:

“Battery of uconnect box requests maintenance. Please visit your dealer”?

Compass 4xE S; delivered Nov 2021 in Spain.

Only symptom noticed = Help button not working.

Hi RON99,
We just followed up on the PM you sent us!

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi RON99,
We just followed up on the PM you sent us!

Sarah
Jeep Cares
Seen that, but transferring me to the Spanish service number isn’t what I expected as “Care”. I knew that possibility but then it has not proven very effective in the past.
I rather hoped that you could check by VIN and launch me an OTA sofware update.

Anyway; thks for anwering though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am same issues I bought my new 2022 Jeep Compass in may and I keep getting uconnect box requires service please see an authorized dealer. Reading everyone’s comments it doesn’t seem like taking it in will do anything for me. Has anyone have luck with getting this resolved? So nuts to deal with when spending enough money for a Brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello to our Jeep Brand enthusiasts,

We've been monitoring your conversations and hear your concerns surrounding your Uconnect 5 systems, and a "Uconnect Box Requires Service" error message that you may be receiving. We wanted to provide some clarification, to put your minds at ease. We can confirm that the pop up does not reflect an internal radio error that requires a dealership visit. We apologize for the concern and confusion that this may cause you, but please know that our teams are actively working on a resolution. At this time, we are able to confirm the fix will be delivered via an over-the-air update to the telematics box module (TBM). While our teams are hoping to release this software fix by the end of Q1 2022, this timing is subject to change at any time and we appreciate your patience throughout the process.

If anyone has additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a private message or reach out to our friends at @UconnectCares on Twitter.

We appreciate your patience,

Jeep Cares
So; here we are now, almost at End Q2, and still no update on the Q1 supposed OTA solution?!

Could you give an update please @JeepCares ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
So; here we are now, almost at End Q2, and still no update on the Q1 supposed OTA solution?!

Could you give an update please @JeepCares ?

Ok; So, after @JeepCares did not want to care and just sent me to the local dealer, I was at the official dealer with my alert picture.

Yes; very nice attention but
1. Never seen this alert
2. Diagnosis does not mention anything
3. “Probably corrected OTA” Even not having seen any message.
4. “Kind advice: Next time, don’t lose your time coming if it does not ring all the time with red alerts and chimes”

So; we’ll keep on learning modern Jeep language

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yesterday; once again, the message came up: Service required: Low battery. Help button and other functions may not be working.

So; all this OTA upgrading etc. seems far from being real.
+ Of course, @JeepCares will wash their hands because we are not USA based.
Okey; it is just a 52k car, but this hasn’t ever happended to my previous other brand cars.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yesterday; once again, the message came up: Service required: Low battery. Help button and other functions may not be working.

So; all this OTA upgrading etc. seems far from being real.
+ Of course, @JeepCares will wash their hands because we are not USA based.
Okey; it is just a 52k car, but this hasn’t ever happended to my previous other brand cars.

I'm sorry we're not able to access your information, RON99. To ensure this is addressed by your region's corporate offices, we recommend calling 00 800 0 426 5337 or emailing [email protected] for further assistance.

Steph
Jeep Cares

1 - 20 of 22 Posts