My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to our Jeep Brand enthusiasts,

We've been monitoring your conversations and hear your concerns surrounding your Uconnect 5 systems, and a "Uconnect Box Requires Service" error message that you may be receiving. We wanted to provide some clarification, to put your minds at ease. We can confirm that the pop up does not reflect an internal radio error that requires a dealership visit. We apologize for the concern and confusion that this may cause you, but please know that our teams are actively working on a resolution. At this time, we are able to confirm the fix will be delivered via an over-the-air update to the telematics box module (TBM). While our teams are hoping to release this software fix by the end of Q1 2022, this timing is subject to change at any time and we appreciate your patience throughout the process.

Please feel free to send us a private message or reach out to our friends at @UconnectCares on Twitter, if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts

We've been monitoring your conversations and hear your concerns surrounding your Uconnect 5 systems, and a "Uconnect Box Requires Service" error message that you may be receiving. We wanted to provide some clarification, to put your minds at ease. We can confirm that the pop up does not reflect an internal radio error that requires a dealership visit. We apologize for the concern and confusion that this may cause you, but please know that our teams are actively working on a resolution. At this time, we are able to confirm the fix will be delivered via an over-the-air update to the telematics box module (TBM). While our teams are hoping to release this software fix by the end of Q1 2022, this timing is subject to change at any time and we appreciate your patience throughout the process.

Please feel free to send us a private message or reach out to our friends at @UconnectCares on Twitter, if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Thanks for the info Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just bought a Jeep Compass less then a week ago and today, it’s saying like everyone else is saying, “unconnect box error see authorized dealer” why is this happening? I tried to reach out to Uconnect about it and after 30 mins or more on the phone and being hung up on, finally spoke to someone.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a 2022 Jeep Compass high altitude a few weeks ago. It’s has 500 miles on it. Just recently I’ve been getting messages pop up every so often that say Uconnect needs service and to take to authorized dealer. Also, as of today my FM radio does not work. My Sirius and Bluetooth work but nothing associated with an FM/AM station has any sound.

Please let me know what the easiest fix is for this. I would like to avoid the dealership as they are difficult to schedule with.

thank you,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a 2022 Jeep Compass high altitude a few weeks ago. It’s has 500 miles on it. Just recently I’ve been getting messages pop up every so often that say Uconnect needs service and to take to authorized dealer. Also, as of today my FM radio does not work. My Sirius and Bluetooth work but nothing associated with an FM/AM station has any sound.

Please let me know what the easiest fix is for this. I would like to avoid the dealership as they are difficult to schedule with.

thank you,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem I called unconnect so the issue is documented and about your radio I called Sirius xm and told them the same problem. They can send you a link thru your phone for a hard reset for your radio. Or it could be simple as holding the on of botton for 8 secs until it resets your radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
While our teams are hoping to release this software fix by the end of Q1 2022, this timing is subject to change at any time and we appreciate your patience throughout the process.
So it's now April 11th and I'm still getting this error.
My Sirius radio goes out for hours at a time, while my husbands vehicle still plays Sirius stations. Anyone else have this?
Do you have a new expected fix date????

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it's now April 11th and I'm still getting this error.
My Sirius radio goes out for hours at a time, while my husbands vehicle still plays Sirius stations. Anyone else have this?
Do you have a new expected fix date????
I had this with my 22 grand Cherokee, I brought it in for service they had no idea what it was and replaced an antenna. It fixed the issue for 3 weeks. The error just came back yesterday. I don’t know what to do at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
any update in this issue? I just get this message and my vehicle have one week

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a Jeep Compass 2022 five days ago and on the third day the message came up on mine. I immediately called the salesmen and he brought me a car to drive and took my Jeep to service. They did an update but next day same error message. So guess nothing to do but wait for the update from Uconnect

·
Registered
157 Posts
nothing to do but wait
There's much more you can do. Check out the lemon laws in your state (West Virginia?), keep taking it back, let them know you're keeping track of their attempts, and threaten to return it under the lemon law if not fixed. That will put some fire under Jeep - you'll help not only yourself, but others with the same issue. It's not up to you to depend on uConnect, it's up to Jeep to fix it (and they have much more leverage over uConnect). There's absolutely no reason that this issue hasn't been fixed by now, more than 3 months after Jeep was obviously aware of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts