My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imagine a few of us have crossed the 100,000 mile mark. I'm getting close. Has anyone run into any problems with their 2nd Gen Compass after the 100,000 mile mark?

·
Registered
328 Posts
My trailhawk is at 148,000 no issues.

Reactions: Jasmine

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4X4
5 Posts
I'm at 92k. So far the only thing has been the front sway bar links being replaced. And after typing this, calling the dealer to fix my backup camera. (desperately trying to find a piece of wood to knock on)

·
Administrator
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I did the sway bar links pretty early on -- maybe 50,000 miles. Plastic! o_O I replaced with metal.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Latitude
52 Posts
I'm only just breaking 30k miles and my BCM has malfunctioned causing taillight and turn signal issues, my driver door needed new wiring harness at 26k and I replaced the plastic swar bar links with some metal Mevotech ones a few months ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
139,000 on the buggy. The only thing replaced at about 80,000 was sway bar links. and a set of plugs. At about 120k a deep front end rattle started, the sway bar bushings.
I was able to purchase the complete sway bar for $112 from the dealer, as at the time nobody stocked replacement bushings, only available as an assembly from dealer.
I have not tackled the install yet, too busy doing other important summer activities, like launching boats, lol
I did find replacement bushings after my purchase from CARid, for about 6 bucks (of course). I figure I'd have to remove the bar to replace the bushings anyway, so no different in the difficulty side of the job.
Almost forgot to mention, at right around 100k, my radio screen started to delaminate. fortunately is is still functioning fine.

Just as a side note. the 5th gear occasional clunk is no worse, as well as the 47 mph whine. Mine has always had a 18-25 mph vibration that know one can figure out, and that has not gotten any worse.......of course any better either!

Still managing 27 mpg at usually 75 mph with mixed stop and go, with air on, so that has not changed either.

·
Administrator
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine has always had a 18-25 mph vibration that know one can figure out, and that has not gotten any worse.......of course any better either!
Not quite sure what you mean by "vibration." Is that noise in the drive train or is the front end shaking? If it that vibration is a grumbling noise FYI there was an update to move the grumbling noise up to 45+ MPH where it is pretty much covered by typical road noise. Update was free. TSB 08-095-18. I had it done on my late 2018 Compass and it worked. My replacement 2019 Compass only has the noise in the 45+ range so I presume newer years came with the update already installed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean by "vibration." Is that noise in the drive train or is the front end shaking? If it that vibration is a grumbling noise FYI there was an update to move the grumbling noise up to 45+ MPH where it is pretty much covered by typical road noise. Update was free. TSB 08-095-18. I had it done on my late 2018 Compass and it worked. My replacement 2019 Compass only has the noise in the 45+ range so I presume newer years came with the update already installed.

When I bought it, it already had the TSB-08-095-18 done. The 47 mph whine / wheelbearing noise/ vibration / growling.....yada yada yada ....the noise with a lot of names, that you get rid of my turning off the traction control, or locking 4x4, going to manual trans mode. yup that one.

The vibration I have is in the drive line. you feel it in the pedals as well as in the seat of your pants. You get to about 25 mph and it goes away.
Even the service manager, who of which was very knowledgeable, was stumped. It's not wheel balancing either. I've had 3 sets of tires on it, and nothing changed .
Believe it or not, when we went for the test ride, I didn't even have to point it out, he said he felt it before I said anything.

Another thing it does, and it may be a part of the same thing. When I go through water at speed (35 ish)....not flood, just heavy rain, on occasion I'll get a loud, shaking vibration from the drive line, like the drive shaft shaking heavily. I'll slow down a bit and it goes away. I almost think the carrier bearing could be the culprit, but who knows.

This is the first year, so I suppose it is one of the things that got past them.

Since nothing had fallen off, or exploded, I can unfortunately live with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts