My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running bigger tires on stock wheels? Doesn't look like a lot of room for them in the rear wheel well especially?

·
Super Moderator
535 Posts
The high offset 45mm really limited the size of tires you can put on without wheel spacers.

225/70/17 might fit but if you wanted bigger tires best to goto a shop and do a test fit

·
Registered
211 Posts
Biggest I have seen was posted here a few months ago. 225-65-17 BF All Terrains.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got any pictures of the rear on those? The front part of rear wheel well is what seems already close to me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here are couple.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks nice, can we confirm that was without spacers and a lift?

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I sent him a PM, as it is there is only about a finger width between the front of the rear tire and inner liner. Interestingly if one looks the wheel is not centered in the rear wheel well, it is pushed forward.

·
Super Moderator
535 Posts
Another option you have is to pick up a set of Cherokee Trailhawk wheels, they have the same bolt pattern and hub size, they are 17x7.5 and they have an offset of 31mm, vs the factory 45mm so that would probably allow larger/wider wheels as well

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2nd Gen has same bolt pattern, I notice you have 1st gen?

·
Registered
211 Posts
2nd Generation are not the same as 1st. But same bolt pattern as Cherokee. Cherokee offset is 35mm Compass Trailhawk is 40mm.
Here are couple pictures of my 2nd Gen Trailhawk rims. You will see the rim size and offset is marked on the backside of the wheels
Bolt pattern is 110mm

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
ImLost said:
Interestingly if one looks the wheel is not centered in the rear wheel well, it is pushed forward.
I noticed as well, I think its a side effect of putting the longest body yet on the "Small Wide" Renegade/Fiat 500 platform. Some designer drew a concept, some engineer took the concept and said "close enough, we'll make it fit" (rather than fix it). He probably thought A) not enough people would notice and B) it would keep us numbskulls from putting too large a tire on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I noticed as well, I think its a side effect of putting the longest body yet on the "Small Wide" Renegade/Fiat 500 platform. Some designer drew a concept, some engineer took the concept and said "close enough, we'll make it fit" (rather than fix it). He probably thought A) not enough people would notice and B) it would keep us numbskulls from putting too large a tire on it.
A) I noticed instantly.
B) Who will be 1st to rip out the inner liners. Curious what is behind them in the front of the rear wheel well if you'd gain any room. There is plenty of room for a tire that is 1 inch bigger at rear of well, not so much in the front.

Sawzall? grin:

·
Super Moderator
535 Posts
2nd Gen has same bolt pattern, I notice you have 1st gen?
I no longer have my Compass, but have a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts