My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cody from tennessee here,, so I'm having issues with 2018 manual sport starting. Come to find out the 40 anp fuse is missing on the battery along with the wire that goes to it. Ordered a new fuse but cannot find the wire to put back. Anyone know where the it is.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cody from tennessee here,, so I'm having issues with 2018 manual sport starting. Come to find out the 40 anp fuse is missing on the battery along with the wire that goes to it. Ordered a new fuse but cannot find the wire to put back. Anyone know where the it is.
Should have nothing to with starting if it was working before unless you removed the fuse and wire. Depending on market, model and optional equipment, not all fuses are used but they may be there with nothing connected. I have a 2018 Latitude that has the orange fuse with nothing connected to it.
Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Machine Automotive exterior

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't remove anything it just fell off. I just need to know where the other wire is coming from to hook back up

·
Registered
313 Posts
I didn't remove anything it just fell off. I just need to know where the other wire is coming from to hook back up
Are you sure the 40A fuse was there? Hard to believe 2 nuts came loose and the fuse popped off since there is a cover over them. Any way, the wire connected to the green fuse on my Jeep goes down behind the battery. That's all that I can see of it. Please note that I have the orange 150A fuse with nothing connected to it. also note that the other fuses have a white paint dot on the stud and stripe on the terminal, these are inspector marks indicating they were checked. I have nothing connected to the orange fuse and no paint mark on the stud. I would say if there is no paint mark on the stud where the green fuse would be, then there was never one there.
Camera lens Automotive tire Cameras & optics Eyelash Audio equipment
Audio equipment Red Font Toy Gas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the orange and green. It wouldn't start one day and I wiggled the cable and it started. When it didn't start again about a month later the green and orange were gone

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had the orange and green. It wouldn't start one day and I wiggled the cable and it started. When it didn't start again about a month later the green and orange were gone
Do you have a black or red plastic cover over the fuses? How about the paint marks on the studs and terminals? They may be different colors.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Black cover
Guessing you are not the original owner? Look like someone made changes to the connections. The wire terminal connected to the 70A fuse is not original hardware. You will also notice the terminals are stamped "A", "B" and the one you are looking for is stamped "C" on mine. I did feel behind the battery and the wire goes down and toward the drivers door. I would look around with a flashlight hanging below the battery and the firewall. I also have a black cover.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Yellow Motor vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts