My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a flat tire on the front passenger side tonight and changed it over to the spare tire. When I got back into my 2013 compass and started it back up the 4wd! Light came on. Would that be happening because the spare tire is on because that light was not on before the spare was put on? Thank you for any info!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got a flat tire on the front passenger side tonight and changed it over to the spare tire. When I got back into my 2013 compass and started it back up the 4wd! Light came on. Would that be happening because the spare tire is on because that light was not on before the spare was put on? Thank you for any info!!
I can not say for certain but I am pretty sure this is caused by the spare not having a TPM controller in it. Since it can't get the correct data from the chip it can't use some of the features of the 4WD mode so it disables it or puts it into at least a limited trouble mode.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Or, if it only did it once you started moving, it noticed that the spare is a slightly different diameter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts