My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought my 07 Compass. I read the manual front to back. IF I pull the 4x4 lever,I dont get a 4x4 light. Could this mean its not activating? I checked and double checked that the fuse for it. How can I tell if its engaging? Any help will be greatly appreciated:think:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It appears on the dash as per the manual.

Turn the key to the on position, don't start it just fully on or otherwise the run mode. All the dash lights come on (all be it for seconds). Look for it, you may have to do this a few times or look for the location in the owners manual first. I doubt its burn't out since its rarely on or activated.

You may want to take it back and have it check. A 4x4 vehicle without it working sucks. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah the light is not coming on why I turn the key. Im pretty pissed. I tested the lever with a multi meter and no change when I pull it. When I pull the plug I get the 4x4! which is good. At least I know something works lol. I wondering now if the lever it actuator on the tranny is bad.Im gonna try and get some info from Mitchell on Demand and do some testing. I will let you know what I come up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts