My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace factory door speakers with aftermarket. Not too familiar with which will fit. Need some input and help.

Anyone with expertise in this area?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good deal! I was not sure of what was in the doors or how to get to the speakers. I used to work at a car audio place several years ago and most of the time, the whole door panels had to come off just to get to the speakers! I am glad that they are easy to get to on the Compass! I like the stock sound in ours (quite a bit of bass for stock) okay, but I would like a little more bass and filling sound.

Can anyone attest to the sound difference in the Compass with aftermarket speakers?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Speaker wire color code

I just posted this in the Jeep Patriot thread that link is provided above. But to shortcut, I couldn't find any wire color code reference to which speaker wire is positive and which negative. Mine is a two wire "Base system)

The answer is, Dark Grey/Violet (DG/VT) is positve and Dark Grey/Yellow (DG/YL) is negative.

One more thing. All 6x9 speaker exterior frame dimensions are not the same. After doing my homework I purchased a set of Sound Stream SST's. However, the lip protruded more than the stockers to the point I had to grind down the ends a bit to get them to fit in the opening. Much more work than I certainly had anticipated, a one to two hour job turned into a four to six hour job. But the improvement of the sound was worth the extra work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts