My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI gang .

Where abouts is the a/c drain tube located ? and what can i use to unplugg it ? Its a Balmy 96º and high humidity today , WHile running my a/c I made a right turn and got a nice ice cold splash of water on my foot , Not fun when in sandals LOL . also hte passenger side mat is soaked with water. I had also noticed in making Left turns the blower fan squealled a little SO im thinking the water was splashing up on it a little . HELP!! Its a 2010 Compass if that helps LOL ..

Side note I kept Yelling at north to stop peeing on me when I made right turns :D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'd be seeing the dealer on that. It shouldn't happen. Either its pinch under the firewall or blocked up top. You'll get mold etc if it doesn't dry out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be seeing the dealer on that. It shouldn't happen. Either its pinch under the firewall or blocked up top. You'll get mold etc if it doesn't dry out.
well sadly Im sure thats not covered as part of the power train since my extended warranty only covers that, It just happen today maybe because it was so hot and humid out ?? It hasnt done it in the past when i ran the a/c just today

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
pull the carpet down that is above the gas and brake pedals, should have to pull it down about 6 inches and you fill find the ac drain, pm me if you need more help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was that the problem Northcompass? A plugged a/c drain? I noticed my front passenger carpet was wet today as well. I had a/c running at lowest setting for a couple hours today.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
well sadly Im sure thats not covered as part of the power train since my extended warranty only covers that, It just happen today maybe because it was so hot and humid out ?? It hasnt done it in the past when i ran the a/c just today
Point being it should not happen period. I still would take it to the dealer and complain to them. Chrysler should fix it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was that the problem Northcompass? A plugged a/c drain? I noticed my front passenger carpet was wet today as well. I had a/c running at lowest setting for a couple hours today.

Thanks
no plugged tube, Only thing I can think of is the day it did it it was like 97º 95% humidty and I had it on Max A/c only thinking the drain couldnt keep up ? Ill know more the next few days as tomorrow it is suppose to be 100º and on friday 98º So ill be taking North as the a/c doesnt work in my other car, since it happened the first time I have ran the a/c since then and it hasnt done it but it hasnt been as hot or humid and not on full max a/c .

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have had some high humidity here as well. I talked to the dealer where I got my Compass from. I was told that the a/c unit probably froze up, literally creating a block of ice on the unit. Wasn't running the fan at a high enough speed. He also said I shouldn't run the a/c on the coldest setting for a long period of time. His answer was keep an eye on it and see what happens. (Heard that before).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Cold be if you're using recirulatioin/max cooling you'd want the fan at Medium to extract the cold. They can freeze up depending on the charge in the system.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Good to hear. It should handle most situations without overflowing if designed properly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The drain hose is located as mentioned earlier, behind the gas pedal underneath the carpet. About a 1/2 inch diameter by 8 inch long hose. I just pulled the hose into the cabin and then pulled it off the a/c housing. The hose was slightly clogged. However, I then toke a 6 inch long Phillips head screw driver and gently poked it into the drain hole where the hose was connected and boom there was the problem. The clog was just inside the drain housing. About a half cup or so of water came gushing out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts