My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been modding my 2010 compass sport like crazy, and I was wondering if anyone new of turbo kits for the 2.4l that won't cause any damage. I also want to lower my compass, but all I can find is a 1.5in eibach kit, anyone find anything that drops at least 2 inches?? Thanks guys

·
Registered
339 Posts
that's like looking for a woman in a brothel that doesn't use protection that won't make you itch afterwards. with boost comes risk. you're literally forcing air into the engine faster than it would normally suck it in, so the more boost, the more damage you're going to cause. my advice is to do a lot of research before you do this, because you can damage a lot by boosting your car if you don't build up the rest of it to be able to handle it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been modding my 2010 compass sport like crazy, and I was wondering if anyone new of turbo kits for the 2.4l that won't cause any damage. I also want to lower my compass, but all I can find is a 1.5in eibach kit, anyone find anything that drops at least 2 inches?? Thanks guys
How about the turbo off a pt cruiser? Doesn't it use a 2.4 engine in it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
monstercompass13 I've got a an idea and potential solution for lowering your compass. Find a shop that will custom cut your factory springs. I know a lot people who will disagree but when done properly, it is 100% safe. HOWEVER, it will do nothing more than lowering the car. Unlike getting Eibach or H&R springs, which help with ride quality.

I would suggest buying Eibach springs and then getting some bigger wheels to fill the wheel well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
How about the turbo off a pt cruiser? Doesn't it use a 2.4 engine in it?
no, it's a different 2.4 engine. even though it is the same displacement, it's a totally different engine. you'll need to do a lot of homework before you get involved in forced induction.

and don't be fooled by "eletronic superchargers" on ebay. each and every one of them is crap.
monstercompass13 I've got a an idea and potential solution for lowering your compass. Find a shop that will custom cut your factory springs. I know a lot people who will disagree but when done properly, it is 100% safe. HOWEVER, it will do nothing more than lowering the car. Unlike getting Eibach or H&R springs, which help with ride quality.

I would suggest buying Eibach springs and then getting some bigger wheels to fill the wheel well.
and for the love of god, do not take this advice. cutting springs is not safe, no matter how you do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts