My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A local car audio shop quoted me $140 to install power locks/keyless for my Compass, is that a high price?

edit: nvm, got it confused. that was just to install keyless entry. I'd love to get power locks installed but that seems like something that is very very pricey around here...

·
Registered
278 Posts
A local car audio shop quoted me $140 to install power locks/keyless for my Compass, is that a high price?

edit: nvm, got it confused. that was just to install keyless entry. I'd love to get power locks installed but that seems like something that is very very pricey around here...
a couple of places quoted me $800 for parts and install for installing power locks in my 2008 compass :nervous::(!!! I bit the bullet and and went to JC Whitney Auto Parts and bought a universal power lock kit. It took me 3 days to do it (because i never did anything like that before) BUT total cost $100! So those dealers/installers can take their $800 and suck it ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job, I'm just not handy enough to be able to do that on my own. Nor do I know anyone who's good with that kind of stuff.

It's either doing this or putting a nav system in. I can do the nav easily so I think I'm going to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts