My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2017 Jeep Compass Sport SE in the summer of 2017. It is the original version of the 2017 Compass and I bought it after they had the 2017 New Compass on the lots. In spite of reading a lot of negative reviews about it, I'm happy to report that it now has almost 73,000 miles on it and the only mechanical problem I've had was apparently with the battery connections in the key causing it to not start at times. Replacing the key with one that doesn't have the keyless entry solved that problem. I've had the spark plugs replaced twice, the battery replaced once, replaced the lug nuts due to the decorative caps coming off, and bought one new set of tires. I also replaced the floor mats and put a rubber mat in the back storage area. Otherwise, just oil changes, filter changes, and tire rotations.

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
Welcome to the site! You must have gotten one of the last 1st generation Compasses. From what I see on here those are pretty much trouble-free. You were post-CVT but didn't get the (now solved) oil consumption problems the 2nd gen Compasses had. Only down side of the world engine is the short spark plug life. Fortunately that's an easy DIY. I hope you enjoy your Compass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2017 Compass was manufactured in October of 2016, so it was definitely close to the last of the 1st generation Compass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts