My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4 and have noticed some fairly serious blind spots out the front windshield on each side. Is it just me or are those pillars thick?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought a 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4 and have noticed some fairly serious blind spots out the front windshield on each side. Is it just me or are those pillars thick?
Hey EMScompass4x4, welcome to the Forum! :)

I have a new 2011 as well, it is our first Jeep and we love it! However, I agree and do notice that those pillars are pretty thick. I know that there are a few odd intersections that I have to lean forward and back to see around the pillar to make sure that no one is in that blindspot. Kind of a nuisance, but I am used to it now. :(

I think part of it is that the A pillar is angled back quite a bit so it makes it seem that the blindspot is a little larger than normal.

Hope you enjoy your Compass and we will see you around!

·
Registered
339 Posts
they are thicker than on older cars (all are, really) because of the newer government crash test requirements. they also house your side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reply. I guess I will just get use to it. I really do love my 2011 compass overall. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

I agree, I have been driving my compass for about 500 kms and after a while, you get used to it.

"G"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts