My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Administrator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a thread specifically to vent your frustration over the radio volume fading issue while you wait for your Compass to be updated. We do ask that once you receive the update you report the outcome here: The Update has begun for the 2022 Radio Volume Fading issue

We also ask that you limit your responses such that you are not copying and posting the exact same response to every single person that posts in this thread.

· Registered
84 Posts
Here's a thread specifically to vent your frustration over the radio volume fading issue while you wait for your Compass to be updated. We do ask that once you receive the update you report the outcome here: The Update has begun for the 2022 Radio Volume Fading issue

We also ask that you limit your responses such that you are not copying and posting the exact same response to every single person that posts in this thread.
Thanks for providing this thread, I'm sure it will be well used!

· Registered
40 Posts
Nev,
Everyone that is responding to this thread and the original thread ARE contributing to this community. The original thread had over 160 participants and 795 replies. This forum is about people sharing their experiences with their Jeep Compass. Good or bad! They come here for information and help with problems. All 160 posters wanted info on why their Radio's were not working and why Jeep cannot fix them even after almost a year. People are rightfully fed up with this situation. My Jeep is a Lemon. I'm not just labeling it that for no reason. Under my states Lemon Law my Compass qualifies as a Lemon. I am a Chrysler product loyalist supreme! I started driving in 1968 and every car I have owned has been a Chrysler product. Plymouths, Chryslers , Dodges and Jeeps. This 2022 Compass is my 4th Jeep. I never thought I would go through the kind of problem and treatment that I have had the last 10 months. I am not alone. Over 160 others have voiced the same concerns. I have had no choice but to file for arbitration under the Lemon law against Jeep. I am not alone. Others have already filed for arbitation or with lawyers for Lemon law suits. Also many of the people on the original thread are seeking info on how to file for arbitration. This forum is about helping people. And that's what we all are contributing. You may not like the fact that we are complaining about our Jeeps, but that is just the reality of it. Jeep needs to step up and do something. Yes, there is supposed to be a OTA fix for this that has already been rolled out but we have all heard that before. Hopefully the update will fix this problem, but for many of us the damage has already been done.

· Registered
178 Posts
People joining a car forum to complain about an issue. Probably to disappear once their problem is resolved. Having contributed zilch to the community.
The funny thing is, at least for me or I'm not getting sth right here...
Radio problem is not actually a car problem, it's more like a broken accessory. It should work I agree but I can't remember that 160 people joined to discuss car problem a real one not the musical, like when engine was burning through a quart of oil every 500 miles. Funny times for Jeepers indeed.
So what's next, we do the test drive of new vehicle with a MP3 thumb stick on a parking?
It is fully unprofessional and sloppy from Stellantis indeed for such a trivial issue they needed a full year, but come on, I won't return my vehicle if it's riding good, I'd get an AUX cable for a $2, bypass the radio and wait for the update. It's not Tesla.

· Registered
Compass Trailhawk 4Xe
221 Posts
Over on another Stellantis model car forum a security hole was discussed: where thieves could access the car through the forward radar pod and steal it.

Community there got together and came up with a modified bracket. Guy is fabbing it at cost. Problem solved.

Zero talk of lawyering up or returning cars.
No big influx of members for that single issue.
The community came together and solved it.

Compare & contrast ....

· Registered
84 Posts
Jeep should have a disclaimer on the window sticker that reads. "This vehicle may not work properly and may require modification by the owner. A bypass cable or modified bracket will need to be supplied by the owner at owners cost"
KCM, your correct about the disclaimer but Jeep was in denial and keeping this secret from Dealers, Jeep Technicians, Jeep Salesman and customers just to make a profit on a problem that was reported soon vehicles were sold in colder climates, like Canada! Also, when we mention Radio Audio it's beyond all that since the Uconnect 5 system is fully integrated with all the controls and safety feature settings for the entire vehicle. That why Jeep took forever addressing the 40 flaws in the Uconnect 5 system update!

· Registered
84 Posts
Over on another Stellantis model car forum a security hole was discussed: where thieves could access the car through the forward radar pod and steal it.

Community there got together and came up with a modified bracket. Guy is fabbing it at cost. Problem solved.

Zero talk of lawyering up or returning cars.
No big influx of members for that single issue.
The community came together and solved it.

Compare & contrast ....
That would be great if we could just rip out our Uconnect 5 system and replace it with a Sync 4.0 system from Ford, but that would be impossible!

· Registered
84 Posts
Or Jeep could put Uconnect software online as a free source code, that Jeepers could patch themselves. It is DIY a tradition revolving around the Jeep since always.
I agree 100% this must wait for a mysterious OTA update is stupid! And my Jeep Dealer Technician thinks so also! They want to be able to service customers problems, and make us happy and that why they don’t understand why they can't install?

· Registered
33 Posts
Nev,
Everyone that is responding to this thread and the original thread ARE contributing to this community. The original thread had over 160 participants and 795 replies. This forum is about people sharing their experiences with their Jeep Compass. Good or bad! They come here for information and help with problems. All 160 posters wanted info on why their Radio's were not working and why Jeep cannot fix them even after almost a year. People are rightfully fed up with this situation. My Jeep is a Lemon. I'm not just labeling it that for no reason. Under my states Lemon Law my Compass qualifies as a Lemon. I am a Chrysler product loyalist supreme! I started driving in 1968 and every car I have owned has been a Chrysler product. Plymouths, Chryslers , Dodges and Jeeps. This 2022 Compass is my 4th Jeep. I never thought I would go through the kind of problem and treatment that I have had the last 10 months. I am not alone. Over 160 others have voiced the same concerns. I have had no choice but to file for arbitration under the Lemon law against Jeep. I am not alone. Others have already filed for arbitation or with lawyers for Lemon law suits. Also many of the people on the original thread are seeking info on how to file for arbitration. This forum is about helping people. And that's what we all are contributing. You may not like the fact that we are complaining about our Jeeps, but that is just the reality of it. Jeep needs to step up and do something. Yes, there is supposed to be a OTA fix for this that has already been rolled out but we have all heard that before. Hopefully the update will fix this problem, but for many of us the damage has already been done.
Thank you. I do want to keep the conversations going and not be told I cant post on something I have been following. First off I don't see a lot of post on the thread for ONLY people who have had thee update. So I was coming here to start a new one but don't have to now.

· Registered
84 Posts
Hello everyone,

We appreciate the feedback that has been shared among the forum regarding the sound concerns in the Uconnect 5 system. In a recent update, the national over-the-air launch changed with the following:
  • For those currently at R17.99 software level, the national launch timing is TBD.
  • For those currently at R17.89 software level, the national launch timing is expected by the end of January, but the timing is subject to change at any time for reason.
To locate your software level, you can select Apps > All Apps > Settings > System Information > Build Number on your touchscreen. Our team deeply apologizes for any miscommunication and frustration this causes, and we will continue to provide new updates as they’re received.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Does this confirm what I have saying all along? Large OTA UPDATES for Critical computer components are sometimes if not always troublesome? I have worked with computers and software longer than you have been alive, and if Jeep really wants to give good customer service, they need to either send out USB drives with the updates or let trained Jeep technicians install the updates for us! Jeep is just confirming why they should issue a recall!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts