My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just notice a very exposed and poorly protected sensor on the Jeep while washing it (for the first time) today...

What's this sensor (look at attached picture)? Is it normal to be that visible? It it the normal location of this sensor?

I live in Quebec and during winter the snow and ice always padding in that area of the front bumper...

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some difficulties to understand how it can read accurate temperature when it's fully exposed to wind draft while driving at high speed... other thing is the wires are pretty thin and completely unprotected from water, snow, ice, salt, etc. This sensor will probably give issues someday...

Thanks folks! :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have some difficulties to understand how it can read accurate temperature when it's fully exposed to wind draft while driving at high speed... other thing is the wires are pretty thin and completely unprotected from water, snow, ice, salt, etc. This sensor will probably give issues someday...

they've been using that design for over 20 years without issue, i think you'll be fine ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts

You'll be fine.

Worse thing that can Happen is the Evic doesn't tell you outside temps. Easy enough to repair though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts