My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow '11 compass owners.
At your earliest convenience, would you mind taking a look at the protective plastic cladding that is located behind your vehicle's rear tires/wheels?
While cleaning my compass today, i realized that the passenger side looks different than drivers side :dunno:
Do you notice the same?

·
Registered
142 Posts
If I don't mind asking . What makes the difference? It may be due to the fact that the fuel door is on the left side and the may have ck valaves or some emission stuff under the drivers panel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.
What makes a difference is that i think that my compass was involved in an accident, which caused damage to the rear right bumper region prior to me purchasing it. I bought it used. There are many subtle signs which leads me to believe that my asumption may be correct.
Unfortunately, carfax did not show any accidents on its report prior to my purchase, but carfax reports are a joke.
I know someone who recently sold a vehicle involved in a pretty major accident, which was reported to the insurance company and repaired at an authorized dealer's shop, and carfax failed to include it in the vehicle's report.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just checked and my arches are the same as yours, so no worries there ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for checking.
I would have checked in real life my self, but i do not have the time to goto a Jeep dealer and check the compasses on the lot out. Also, i have yet to see another 2011+ compass on the road in my area. I have had it for 3 months now.
Dont know if that is good or bad :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts