My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time, lights come up on my dash which include an ABS light, 4WD!, a car fishtailing,and an ESS light. These lights are at first intermitant,then get worse and eventually stay on. The cruise control won't work when this happens. Under warranty I took it to the dealer and they said I had to replace the ABS sensor which fixed the problem. My friend told me that he thinks that the ABS sensor just needed cleaning. I frankly don't know if they actually replaced the sensor because my Compass was outside, waiting for service I thought. I never saw them drive it inside but eventually they told me it was fixed.

It was indeed fixed for about three months and there it goes again. The same problems. This time I hit the wheels with a hose and nozzle (all of them since I don't know where the sensor is located) and the problem went away for about a day. Once again it started getting progressively worse.

Anybody had this problem? By the way my 4WD Compass is a 2009. Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took my compass to the dealer and this time they said it was a speed sensor on one of the wheels. The problem has been fixed. Am I the only one having these problems with a 2009 Compass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts