My Jeep Compass Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
i've been watching this thread since I got my 2019 compass two weeks ago. given that this feautre is less than $1,000 as an add-on from the manufacturer, I can't imagine it being impossible to install aftermarket. I would certainly pay that amount to get this installed (assuming it comes with the collision warning)....

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you have forward collision warning, then theoretically it should be inexpensive to do. If you don't have this, well ...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, I got a steering wheel from a Grand Cherokee with the switches. I may just change out the steering wheels as the GC wheel has nicer trim.

Now I need to get the Alfa OBD and the plugs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My new wheel with the switches is in. But I was rear ended yesterday, yay ... no one injured. But I may wait on this for a while until the Jeep is fixed. Second time I have been rear ended in this vehicle in 6 months ... and I haven't even had this Jeep for a year yet ...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry to hear about the rear end. Happened to me only a few weeks after I got mine :( If you figure out how to get that air bag cover off to get the wheel off I'd be interested to know how. I haven't had much time lately to tinker with it. Maybe I'll give it another go this weekend. Just been busy with other projects.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll give it a go this weekend too. I watched a couple videos and have a good idea on how to get it off.

But I am still wondering if I will have buttons that don't do anything because the programming can't be unlocked.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The one on the left is the Compass wheel, the right is the Renegade.

I went to the service department at the dealer in the hopes they would print off the instructions on how to remove the wheel, but they weren't willing to. Maybe I'll try another dealer. I'm hoping others on here will also ask and maybe someone will get lucky.

As of right now, I don't know how to get it off. Again, it is NOT the same as the Renegade wheel.

Apparently it has something to do with hooking the cables/wires you see in the picture for the Compass wheel and pulling to release the airbag.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't crazy and you hit the same snag as me. The videos I saw just didn't line up with the removal for the compass. If you figure out the trick I'll excited to hear. My parts have been sitting on the shelf for months because I can't figure out how to pop off the airbag cover. Maybe with seeing the view of behind the cover I can figure out how to release the spring clips.

·
Registered
155 Posts
No it is not just you.

We need to have someone go to the service department and have someone print off the relevant pages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2018 Trailhawk last night and my wife is a bit upset she got everything but the ACC... Came across this thread and if all goes well I can be out of the dog house! I knew I was right the fact it has the camera and radar the ability was there. I will order the buttons here soon.

My biggest question is about the AlfaOBD app. I have read a few horror stories of it frying the ECU and the one posted early about the Uconnect getting killed.

So is anyone able to attest to it working on a 2018 Trailhawk and/or which OBD connecter to use as I am betting it had more to do with the adapters rather than the app.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts