My Jeep Compass Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had some extra time before the holiday break to tinker with the airbag cover. I used an allen key instead of a screw driver and after a few minutes of poking and prodding was able to pop off both the right and left sides of the airbag cover. I thought I was finally home free but there seems to be yet a third clip on the bottom. There is another smaller hole, but it doesn't feel the same as the left and right. Also looking at the excellent pictures @jim010 posted confirms this as well. Hopefully someone can get over this last hurdle and get the cover removed. It didn't take much force or effort to pop the left and right side off once I pushed the correct position. I can't seem to see or feel what needs undone in the bottom.
Good luck

·
Registered
155 Posts
Really? Awesome! Keep us posted! I'm ready to switch out the whole steering wheel for a nicer Cherokee wheel!

Soooo close ...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Are you able to show how to pop off the side ones?
I don't know if there is anything I can show. I just used a flat edge tool (like an allen key, or torx, or whatever) to push on what I think is the spring/wire circled in red. Without being able to see what I'm doing with the cover still on, I'm only making a guess as to what it feels like. With a little practice and luck, I've been able to get both the left and right side of the cover to un-clip. But I can't see what is holding the bottom clip in place.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry, no update that I got the cover off. However I was doing some research and according to the owners manual the 2019s+ with ACC mode enabled you can shift gears without disengaging cruise control. Regular cruise still disengages with either brake or clutch, but ACC only disengages with brake (or button cancel). Yet another reason to hopefully get this working on the 2018s.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So to be sure - you went into alfabod and found the option to turn on ACC, yes?
No, I got that information from the user manual. It was also confirmed by the JL wrangler folks with ACC and manual. I still need to figure out how to undo that last bottom clip. I don't suppose anyone else has mad any progress on that front?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts