My Jeep Compass Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
122 Posts
Here's a VIN for a 2019 Jeep Compass Limited with Adaptive Cruise Control: 3C4NJDCB6KT748328
Equipment listing: 3C4NJDCB6KT748328
I couldn't find a Latitude with the ACC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok now that someone has got the cover off I am ready to do the conversion. Only need to know which button set to buy. Have a 2018 Compass Trailhawk 3C4NJDDB9JT and it has everything installed except the buttons.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think a lot of us are still waiting on a confirmed part number for the ACC buttons. I haven't pulled my wheel again to see what part number is in there now. If someone can track down the right part number, I'd be eager to move forward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think a lot of us are still waiting on a confirmed part number for the ACC buttons. I haven't pulled my wheel again to see what part number is in there now. If someone can track down the right part number, I'd be eager to move forward.
I ran the vin with ACC that was posted above, part number for the ACC switch there are 2 options:
5YL22XSAAC ( NHZ - adaptive cruise w/ stop&go) or
5YL24XSAAC ( NH1 - enhanced adaptive cruise, and NH2 - active speed limiting )
not sure what the difference is exactly but hopefully it helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for trying to keep this project going! I've been searching trying to find the difference between the different part numbers for months. I've tried calling parts departments and asking around, but they don't seem to have any more information then what you can get online. I've been hoping to find one turn up with pictures but so far no luck. I've been busy with other projects and stuff, but I want to pull the wheel and take it apart (again) and get the current part number with the ACC blanks. We can then at least eliminate one of the part numbers. If anyone with a 2019 wants to be a hero and give us the part number for their speed control buttons w/ ACC that would be amazing.😁 If i get some time, maybe I'll revisit this again next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for trying to keep this project going! I've been searching trying to find the difference between the different part numbers for months. I've tried calling parts departments and asking around, but they don't seem to have any more information then what you can get online. I've been hoping to find one turn up with pictures but so far no luck. I've been busy with other projects and stuff, but I want to pull the wheel and take it apart (again) and get the current part number with the ACC blanks. We can then at least eliminate one of the part numbers. If anyone with a 2019 wants to be a hero and give us the part number for their speed control buttons w/ ACC that would be amazing.😁 If i get some time, maybe I'll revisit this again next week.
I work for Mopar parts. Both those numbers apply, just need to figure out what the difference is, I believe it just had something to do with trim level, there was no difference for part number on the acc sensor itself.
If you send me your vin I can tell you what you have without removing everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dug a little deeper into these switches, and this is what I gathered.
5YL22XSAAC ( NHM - Speed Control ) standard crusie control
5YL23XSAAC ( NHM - Speed Control ) and ( NH2 - active speed limiting ) standard cruise w/ active braking
5YL24XSAAC ( NHZ - adaptive cruise w/ stop&go OR NH1 - enhanced adaptive cruise) and ( NH2 - active speed limiting ) ACC w/ active braking
I believe this should clarify these switches, still not sure what the difference is between NHZ and NH1, but its the same switch.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well the good news is that the 5YL24XSAAC part is only about $37 (USD). I might have to bite and give it a try...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Big shout out to @bdeb for sorting out the part numbers for the ACC switch. The 4 pin connector looks different than what I remember but that is an easy fix. I'll have to see when I can pull the wheel to swap this one. But don't get your hopes too high, as I have a manual transmission, so no radar sensor, so no ACC module in my Jeep. So at least for me, this is just step one.
20200627_115847.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well the new parts were a drop in fit. No issues, the wiring harness plugged right in. The new buttons didn't do anything, but regular cruise seemed to still turn on (didn't try it on the highway). My next tackle is the distance sensor. The part is readily available, but is the wiring harness already there? I do have the package that would add it if it was an automatic, so maybe. I'd rather not rip the whole front bumper off just to check. The sensor looks to mount onto the actual steel bumper, but that not an easily visible part to look at.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts