My Jeep Compass Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sweet! I'll talk to the parts guy at Jeep tomorrow. BTW...I didn't read your post before mine. Lol!
No worries. I actually drove out to the Jeep dealership and the parts guy was actually helpful in tracking down the part numbers. The wiring harness is on back order at the moment, so it might be a few weeks before everything ships and I can try it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2021 jeep compass ACC switches are different; 2018-20 only. Also, someone posted a VIN up on page 5 for a 2019 Limited. Dealer said there is no call out for ACC switch so strike 2. These are the last 8 of VIN numbers I used so far:

-2019 Limited, KT748328. No ACC switch listed in Chrystler database.

-2021 Limited, MT547107. Part number is 6TN87XSAAB, black sandstorm but, this part does not fit a 2018-20 and even if it did, it isn't available until December 2, 2020.

I will never give up!!

BTW, any trim color will work. I took the OEM switch apart and the color trim is removable, just need the switch.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Needed to take the back off to then access the 2 remaining clips under the rubber pressure pad. Clips are VERY fragile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found a 2019 JC Trailhawk and when I searched for the ACC switch there was no listing. I'm a bit confused. 2019-20 ACC switches are unavailable and the 2021 ACC switches will be available in December, BUT they won't fit in 2018-2020. Maybe there is a phase out issue here? Guess I'll see in December.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here is a trailhawk steering wheel on ebay with ACC. Could message and see if they would give you the part number?

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK! I used VIN 3C4NJDCB0MT547107, 2021 JC Limited, and came up with 6TN87XSAAB as the part # for ACC switch. I ordered it, yet another, and I will reply when it arrives. Site says it fits 2020-21 JC. The reason why it doesn't fit 2017-19 because they didn't offer ACC for those years.

I found a 2019 JC Trailhawk w/ACC and when I check the VIN it comes back with THE STANDARD CC SWITCH! Somebody back in MI added it. Its VIN is 3C4NJDDB3KT782774. Check it out. The dealer was stumped! Lol! MI Dealer said you can't put ACC on any jeep older than a 2019, 2020 and newer only.....ya right! My WA dealer and the OH dealer were not quite as standoffish, lol!

This is AMERICA! We can do ANYTHING! 😁

·
Super Moderator
197 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
All the switches will fit, from what I researched, in 2017-2021 Jeep Compass' with a leather wrapped steering wheel. Half of 2019 Jeep Compass' were offering ACC, started halfway through the model year. If I order the switch for my 2018, the parts website says it won't fit because, usually in 2018 models, ACC wasn't offered. Fit meaning the car doesn't have all the other stuff to make ACC happen. There is a ton of other crap. Radar sensors all around car, camera front and back, mirrors with the triangle, the HALL9000 eye, a computer of some type, change system settings and the switch. I ordered mine from the factory with every option offered in 2018 so all I need is the correct switch. So, I bought that dude's 2020 JC steering wheel on eBay some posts up 'cause I'm tired of trying to find the correct part number. Once I get it, I will post the part number along with a pic! 😁

·
Registered
21 Posts
Crap! I didn't realize it was you n4cr2k! Thanks for that post! You are a saver of my mind 'cause I have done all this research, found the switch part number today, bought it on moparwholesaleparts.com only to find out, just now in an e-mail, it is on back order with NO availability in sight. Ugh!! I just bought the wheel. The seller is LKQ auto wrecking so they won't take it apart. Like I said before, I'm gona be sort of like Robin Hood and show everyone what I know. Lol! Eta on the wheel is Dec. 2. Thanks again! 😎

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, I received the wheel today...not the one pictured on the eBay item and it has the 3 blanks. NICE!! The saga continues....there must be something up with this switch because FCA is coming out with a new and improved ACC switch in December for the Compass.

Does anyone have an emblem? I want to get a bunch so I can put ASS everywhere. 🤣

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well...I guess if you put it that way. Lol! Tomorrow is Monday so I get to battle with LKQ. Yay! The ever illusive correct ACC switch!

121 - 134 of 134 Posts