My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Add Front License Plate Bracket?

11K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Nev 
#1 ·
I am moving later this month to a state that requires both front and back license plates from my current state that doesn't however my Compass doesn't have the front bracket. I have found the official Jeep front license plate bracket on Amazon for $25 but I don't want to install it and make it look bad/unprofessional.

Does anyone have any experience adding the front bracket or how to do it properly? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I am moving later this month to a state that requires both front and back license plates from my current state that doesn't however my Compass doesn't have the front bracket. I have found the official Jeep front license plate bracket on Amazon for $25 but I don't want to install it and make it look bad/unprofessional.

Does anyone have any experience adding the front bracket or how to do it properly? Thanks
Did you buy the Jeep new? We don't need front plates here in PA but our front bracket kit was the hatch, under the floor with the spare tire. There are tiny dimples in the front fascia that line up with the bracket mounting holes. Screws are included with the kit. Kit P/N is 5VF24RXFAA

#4 ·
you have got to be kidding me. i already drilled holes and just installed a plate. Read this and found the bracket in the back. Jesus. i think i ended up blocking a sensor cause now i get a forward collision off light that wont reset. But wear are the dimples? i cant find them, granted they may be under where installed my plate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.