My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hepl !! (ala The Flintstones) — I’m curious to know if I can add SiriusXM to my Uconnect 3 5inch. I have the 2018 Sport which didn’t include Sirius and when I check with Sirius, they indicate it’s not Satellite ready.

I know I can purchase a portable radio (and have done so), but would prefer access directly through the Uconnect for easier access to change channels and access presets, etc.

I guess, specifically, what I need to know is, is the radio in the 2018 Sport, the same as is in the Latitude (which is satellite ready), and just missing the antenna? Or, is it a completely different radio? More specifically, would I need to purchase a SiriusXM XM Connect Vehicle Tuner (SXV300V1C), or go all out and get the VAIS Satellite Radio Adapter Kit?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
@JeepCares might be able to tell you for certain if your vehicle is capable of adding an xm radio. An alternative option would be an aftermarket radio w/ xm built in.
Hepl !! (ala The Flintstones) — I’m curious to know if I can add SiriusXM to my Uconnect 3 5inch. I have the 2018 Sport which didn’t include Sirius and when I check with Sirius, they indicate it’s not Satellite ready.

I know I can purchase a portable radio (and have done so), but would prefer access directly through the Uconnect for easier access to change channels and access presets, etc.

I guess, specifically, what I need to know is, is the radio in the 2018 Sport, the same as is in the Latitude (which is satellite ready), and just missing the antenna? Or, is it a completely different radio? More specifically, would I need to purchase a SiriusXM XM Connect Vehicle Tuner (SXV300V1C), or go all out and get the VAIS Satellite Radio Adapter Kit?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts