My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for previous threads and couldn't find anything (forgive me if i missed it). Anyway is it possible to add TPMS to a 2007 Compass if it didn't come with it? If so do I just grab a module from a wreck and get some sensors and get the dealership to turn it on? Can this be done?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
TPMS are so darn annoying. I hate them lol. The slightest drop under recommended reading and you get an annoying light on the dash, then something goes wrong with one and you have to go to the dealership to get it re-flashed or whatever. They're so inconvenient.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Absolutely agree and there is no provision to turn off the dash indicator if you mount winter wheels (rims and tires) without sensors. The cost of putting sensor is more than anyone buying a Compass would be prepared to spend. In the end you are better off without them. Check your tires visually when walking to it and gauge test them during the winter and summer a number of times as well. A very low tire i usually easy to spot.

My experience when something goes wrong amplifies why its very bad, unless you are flushed with $$ and don't care. I was wondering why my Sante Fe Limited didn't come with them and now I am so glad it didn't. LOL I have OEM winter tire rims for it so no valve problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts