My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Compass did not come with the Beats audio system. I like my radio and feel the only thing missing is a bit more bass.
I've been surfing the eBay sales for a 2nd gen oem subwoofer enclosure. I was finally able to score one this week and it arrived today.
So far I've removed the OEM beats sub and am measuring to see what depth sub I can retrofit to the enclosure. Parts still needed are wiring, some sort of line out converter. an amp, a sub and bass knob.
The research continues and soon I will be able to add some more bass to my Jeep.

wait is this for a Hyundai??? lol

Dont worry about the water bottles on the floor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to my local Jeep dealer today and ordered the new cargo area trim panel that will cover the sub enclosure. My stock one will not work as it doesn't have the opening for sound as well as the Beats trim panel is contoured differently from the non-Beats one that is currently in my Jeep. I will post pictures when the part arrives.
Also I am looking at subwoofers and amps to replace the Beats sub. Any audiophiles want to give their recommendation? I am on a tight budget so no $1000 competition amp or sub recommendations please.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
JBL GTO subwoofer

·
Registered
73 Posts
Please post some pictures when you get it finished.
Also, would you share the part number of the Beats trim panel that covers the sub?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please post some pictures when you get it finished.
Also, would you share the part number of the Beats trim panel that covers the sub?
Not a problem will do....
Part number matching the trim code in my Compass is 5ZW28PS4AD retail is $163.00

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After a small snafu at my dealership with getting the outer Beats panel it finally came in. I have an appt with my local installer for Thursday for the full install....
Here are pica of the outer panel. As noted above the part number listed is for my trim code with my interior trim being 2 tone with black and white trim.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best part if the panel is it comes with all the clips needed for install already on it. as well as the light and even the optional cargo cover mounts. This really is as complete as you can get.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What sub did you decide on? I noticed you had listed the oem sub for sale. Also, what amp have you decided on?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp I’m at the audio shop for the install appointment. Hope all goes well. Will try to get some pics.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Install is complete. Looks OEM (cause must of it is duh!) . Used Kicker 8in Comp Subwoofer, Kicker amp, and Kicker bass control knob. So all the add on parts are matched. Sound is great all the extra bass I wanted/need and sounds better to me than the OEM Beats stuff. Clear not murky.
Install is how I wanted it to be all hidden with no wire or parts visible. If you didn't know you would think it came this way from the factory. Just as I wanted it to. Best of all no storage space is compromised which is not plentiful to begin with so it's a definite win.
Now I have a stock passenger side inner quarter panel available for anyone who may need it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts