My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2021 Compass Upland (Altitude). It did not come with remote start. I have been looking for a Mopar kit as I do not want to splice wires on a new vehicle, I have found kits for up to 2020 but not 2021's. Has anyone found a kit that works or made it work any other way? I have called the dealer and they could not find anything to help me.
I have done some research and found the 2020 contains: hood latch with switch, hood safety switch, harness (my Jeep has these already), a new antenna for remote start and key fobs. I'm not sure if my jeep has the proper antenna. I also found on the Cherokee forums that someone with a 2019 KL Cherokee added remote start by getting the sales code added by the dealer and getting the proper key fob with remote start. Would it also be that simple for me?
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
681 Posts
My understanding on the remote starts is that you have to be really careful. The more electronics the more careful. Lots of places sell them and install. Let them do it and if they mess it up they can fix it. The car stereo guys seem to do the best job.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I know this is not a helpful comment, but you must must MUST buy a modern vehicle with the features you want ALREADY in it. These things are computerized to death, you have either a huge difficulty or a huge expense ahead of you, or both. If your time is worth a penny an hour then it would have been cheaper to buy a Compass that simply came with remote start.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
681 Posts
My nephew does that stuff and there have been times that he had to say it cannot be done. The place he worked for lost a sale but they wanted to avoid an unhappy Customer on their end. I know it is usually cheaper to buy aftermarket. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts