My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Compass Limited. About 2 - 3 weeks ago it did a software update, now my GPS has me 2 hours away. Shows no roads, just bushes. Also the Compass on my Compass is wrong....Oh the irony, lol

Jeep told me drive around 5 times in a circle and turn it off and on again. Haven't had chance to try it yet, but sounds like a joke.

Anyone have this issue? And is this a legit fix?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
274 Posts
I have a 2018 Compass Limited. About 2 - 3 weeks ago it did a software update, now my GPS has me 2 hours away. Shows no roads, just bushes. Also the Compass on my Compass is wrong....Oh the irony, lol

Jeep told me drive around 5 times in a circle and turn it off and on again. Haven't had chance to try it yet, but sounds like a joke.

There is a compass calibration procedure in the owners manual:

Reactions: OzMan069

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just did a update for 70.00 on my Compass limited and now I have no navigational system. Have only had the car for a week

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
I guess you will need to drive around in a tight counter clockwise circle too, what an odd fix
Did driving in circles fix your problems?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did driving in circles fix your problems?
Working from home these days, I have not had a chance to try it yet, But it does say to do this in the owners manual. Right now my Compass in my Compass is wrong, and GPS has me 2 hours away in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully this weekend I can try this.......Mean time if you have an Andriod , get the Andriod Auto app, connect phone via usb and bam you have GPD via google

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
...But it does say to do this in the owners manual. Right now my Compass in my Compass is wrong, and GPS has me 2 hours away in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully this weekend I can try this...
I was one of the people that pointed out the instructions on the owner's manual, I was hoping it fixed your problem. Please let us know if it does work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AH, think I replied to wrong post?, thought you were the guy who just had Jeep 1 day with same problem, asking me about if it fixed, sorry. Plan to do this tomorrow, and will post results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SO I tried driving in 5 tight counter clockwise circles, and it didn't do anything. Guess I need to contact Jeep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts