1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well today ok suppossed to do the actual install. 3 different installers told me that I won't need the interface module. Does above know if this is correct? I don't have the sounds package so they say I shouldn't need it. I guess in going to find out today. Also I can't post pics yet I don't think but I'll try when I'm done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally installed!

I got to install my double din today and I didn't need to but the navigation bezel or the interface module. ! I can't post pics from my phone but I will a soon as I get a chance

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
please do .........as I would like to see this one !!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
dom,
post pics or it never happened :D:eyebrows: lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
Here they are (I copied the links, change to .jpg) :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean you were doing it wrong, they were uploaded right in the gallery, I just meant when I copied them accross it was referencing it as html so I changed it back.

I can never upload from my iPod/iPad, only laptop/pc

·
Registered
278 Posts
nice job dom!

·
Registered
278 Posts
*looks around*......:confused: what's CROTM? :spinning: lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've been looking online for it here in Canada but appears to be either discontinued or a US only product. They have the KW-XR610 & KW-XR810 but reviews with the optional dongle for Ipod and Bluetooth are a problem to get running requiring rebooting regularly to get a connection. Otherwise the unit appears well received and good choice.

If I am understanding the ealier post by DOM... his install did NOT require any additonal modules and was plug and play. I have steer wheel controls on my Compass which likely not work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have ipod or I phone. The only thing I needed was the wiring harness for a dodge, chrysler wires to plug and play. But on the other hand I don't have power windows or locks nor the acoustic package... But I have a question.. I have a capacitor that I had in my old car abs when I went to get it installed the guy told me that her would recommended not to install because it wasn't discharged.. So what exactly does that mean? I can't use it anymore?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well for capacitors just short them to discharge. Bigger the more the snap. I have no idea what part of the circuit is was in and my have been used with a big power amp.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts