My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and I was trying to find information on aftermarket power windows. My 2009 Jeep compass does not have power locks or power windows and I was interested in having that done. I spoke with the dealer and I was informed that for the price that they would do it for it was not even worth it and that I was better of with aftermarket parts. I also read in a Jeep Patriot forum that they couldn't figure out how to put power windows on their car due to the shape of the doors. I was going to buy the parts on EBAY and get them installed at an auto shop but I want to make sure that someone has actually done it to their compass and was successful. Hope to get some kind of feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably just do the power locks/keyless entry/alarm since i've seen a couple of stuff online of people who have done it but have not heard about anyone doing power windows. I've been reading a lot of the other threads for other information and this forum is very helpful.... Hopefully someone has some experience with the windows.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Surely there are totaled Compass' by now. Try checking some of the junk yards for parts. That way you could get a prewired door panel(s) as well. If you are lucky you might get parts for all four doors. If it were me I might settle for just the front doors powered.

You might even try e-bay.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Power drill on the window crank stub......

·
Registered
381 Posts
well personally I have a 28volt milwaukee I use for work, but I think a power screw driver might be the more gentle approach here. I personally haven't tried this approach but I'm sure there is someone who has

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh thanks. I'll try out a drill today. It'll just suck to carry that around but it'll beat having to do it by hand. I'll let you know how it goes and put up a video of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy is pretty funny. But yeah I decided to just do power locks and keyless entry. The windows seemed like too much of a hassle and I have not heard of anyone who has installed them successfully. I must admit though, Red Green has a cool beard though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've seen install kits around but never heard of anyone installing them. Like everyone else I say find the doors and install them. Good job researching, I forgot about Red Green!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts