My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the factory CD radio of my 2010 Jeep Compass North for a simple Kenwood CD/MP3/USB/Bluetooth radio. I do not want to change either the speakers or add an amp. In fact I just want to add the iPhone integration in my truck. All the majors installation products manufacturer (Metra, Peripherals, etc.) only offer a very expensive installation interface rather than a 5$ harness for my Jeep. I wonder what is the use of the interface?

To make a short story, I also own a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt where I changed the factory radio and they also only offer the same type of expensive interface, but after a quick research on the internet I installed my radio for about 5$ using a universal GM harness for continuous 12V power, ground, illumination, speakers outputs and then I used a jump-wire connected to the wiper fuse to trigger the "switched" +12V of the aftermarket radio and THAT'S IT!! The 80$ Metra interface is only used to keep the door chime, nothing else.

So what do the interface for the Jeep? Only retain door chime?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well forget about that... found the answer on JeepPatriot.Com...

The expensive interface module is a scam... the 5$ do the trick and only require one extra soldering to the lighter +12V wire to trigger the radio ON.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts