My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There

I am as of yet due to take delivery of my NEW Jeep Compass 2011 Limited I opted out of teh sat nav version as I felt it was not real value for money however I have found this

For Chrysler Sebring / Jeep Commander Compass Grand Cherokee In-dash DVD GPS Navigator With 6" Digital Touchscreen + Support Bluetooth iPod + Steering Wheel Control
by Koolertron

And i was wonderinhg if any one has purchased or reviewed or installed one of these units as it smmes like a better system than teh one supplied by Jeep.

please let me know

·
Registered
78 Posts
Koolertron is a Chinese based company. According to amazon.com they have a 94% approval rating.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thansk w4rh4wk

my concern was more around how this could be fitted as it is described as easy to fit no cutting or re wireing required, I have looked a lot but cant find anyone that has installed one of these as I will be upgrading to sat nav/DVD player when i get some more spare dosh :)

in addition I am not sure how easy it is to remove the existing media system and install any upgrades i was kinda hoping for a unplug reconnect and play kinda deal. ;)

I saw your link but cant see the photos although i can see teh image numbers but thank you very much for the link as it sure was interesting to read and it does seem a bit difficult and I want ot avoid damaging any part of my car , I suppose I will need to purchase teh ITEM and find an installer in glasgow (Scotland) that can do it, I pick up my New car in 2 days so i may ask teh dealer if they will fit it, i will let you know. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah the photos arent up because of the recent hurricane we had in the north east. It will be a couple of days before the power is restored :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the photos arent up because of the recent hurricane we had in the north east. It will be a couple of days before the power is restored :(
OMG Sorry I never even considered that I am really sorry I hope you and everyone you know are ok and that no ill will came your way, I wish you a safe and speedy recovery to you and your kin.

I look forward to your images till then stay safe :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
server is back up after 1 week and 1 day with NO POWER..... :nervous::spinning:

·
Registered
278 Posts
$2000 for navigation system? Don't you think this is way too much?
lol, i did NOT pay $2000 please reread what i wrote
no way was i going to pay $2000 for jeep's navigation system
i paid $350 for mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts