My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it's the Rallye style. It had a 3rd brake light, but I can't leave anything allone. So I put an LED trailer light, where the old one went in. Looks bigger, and is way brighter.
I had to use the old LED (from OEM spoiler), in the new spoiler.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Before I went with the trailer light. Just to let you know, in case anyone want's to know what came with aftermarket spoiler. Also used OEM washer nozzle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you still have OEM Spoiler

I'm late to this subject, you may have already fixed your issue. I replaced my spoiler for looks, got it off e-bay cheap, and painted. To my suprise, it drastically reduced buffeting. Even on the windiest days in MI, my Compass feels more in controll, then with the OEM spoiler.
I should also state that I have an OEM spoiler that I don't need. If anyone is interested in it, I would be happy to send it out to you for the pice of shipping. I'm not interested in charging a price for it, as less clutter is priceless.
Looking to put my compass spoiler back to stock, I have 2 aftermarket spoilers that I mounted to the OEM piece ( One painted inferno red and one black/ pieces interchange).

I love the look, but car washes with brushes don't. I've found other then hand washing they are the only way to get the job done. I don't see myself hand washing it this winter:cool:.

If you still have it, let me know Thanx, Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
mo4dave78. I got your message, and will be calling this afternoon. I would hate to go back to the OEM spoiler. The Ralley look is great, and it makes such a differance in handeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Missed ur call

mo4dave78. I got your message, and will be calling this afternoon. I would hate to go back to the OEM spoiler. The Ralley look is great, and it makes such a differance in handeling.
Missed ur call, another mgr at work had a family emergency and I am covering all shifts. Usually we have 3 mgrs, but I am it this week. The 3rd was already on vacation. But I'll try to call Friday.

I would love to have the rallye spoiler but its about $370 and I'm not sure how much longer I will be keeping it as I want to get into autocross. I am an SCCA member and have run the compass in rallycross events , but the local solo division will not allow me to compete due to "risk of rollover." I hate to sell my compass but my competitive side is getting the better of me. The aftermarket spoiler on there now doesn't appeal to everyone so I wanted to put it back to stock.

If anyone is interested in an 07 2wd sport with the rallye body kit & only 26k miles, buzz me. No lowballers please.

...fyi "RALLYEcross" in a compass is a blast, not the fastest but I've been up against natl scca champions and it has been the most fun I've ever had in a Jeep period! My wife rode shotgun and I'm surprised she didn't pull the oh sh!t handle off:eek:. You should try it. I think everyone should get their Jeep a little dirty now and then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just to let anyone interested in the spoiler, it went out today. mo4dave78, I hope it works out for you, and good luck with selling the Compass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can't remember the original thread I got the link to this website from, but thought I'd share it with you all: jeepcarparts1.com OEM stuff for cheap...haven't bought anything yet...but I plan to. happy shopping!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check my lifted compass out anything to ask about compass lift kits etc. ask me! .. iv pretty much been through it all..

·
Registered
60 Posts
2011 70th Anniversary Jeep Compass -Black
RRO Lift Kit
20mm Ichiba Spacers on Rear
235 65 17 r Radial Wild Country tires
17'' Obsidian Rims

·
Registered
60 Posts
Some Better Pictures...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looking good - you should enter the Compass of the month, you'll probably win!!

I look forward to seeing the sliders on...

·
Registered
31 Posts
2011 70th Anniversary Jeep Compass -Black
RRO Lift Kit
20mm Ichiba Spacers on Rear
235 65 17 r Radial Wild Country tires
17'' Obsidian Rims
Awesome ride... Finally i have some visual inspiration to what i had in mind form my ride..
Did you mod your ride yourself or took it somewhere?
How is the ride/fuel efficiency/noise level after the mod?
I assume that your ride's warranty is now voided?

Appreciate ur reply in advance :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
How do you even enter the compass of the month? Haha

My dealership put all the stuff on for me, and they said nothing would effect the warrenty with them also.

The ride is alot better now that i put spacers on the rear and handles alot better. The lift doesnt effect the ride because i drove with the lift on stock tires for a week till the new ones good. The only ride difference, and noise will come from how agressive of tires. Mine are the perfect happy medium of all terrains. Just a note that when you put on tires makemsure that a good size so that they dont rub the rear stuts. The part they would rub against is the lift kit part. The ride is also better with the rear spacers. I only had them for a day so ill have to put them to the test today. Iv had the lift tho for about 3-4 months

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh and fuel effeciency is also effected depending on tires. Mine crap tho right now due to the fact of cold winters here in canada so lots of remote starting it and letting it run. Will see in the summer time tho what its really like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is your opinion on the RRO lift kit? I want to put one on mine. It's the trail rated version, so I'm not sure whether it would hinder or help. I'm new to this, and the last thing I want to do is make a wrong decision.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I personally love mine. The only down side is when you put bigger tires on people generally go for more agressive ones so may ride like a brick s*** house. I think it may also be my no namer tires i have on now. Ill let you know in a few days or so how my new BFG AT KO tires differ.

What do you mean by " Its the trail rated version so im not sure whether it would hinder or help."

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well williams83, your trail rated Compass is already 1" higher than standard, so adding thee RRO kit will make it 3" lift, which is exactly what the True North version has, so if it works for Mopar you should be ok :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Plus mopar will soon probably be putting the RRO lift in their catalog so wont have to worry about any warrenty issues:)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts