My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last January we had a thaw and a big freeze I don't know if this caused any issues or not but here goes .
we remote started ( after market) the Jeep and went to get in and noticed an error on the dash saying NO BUS I may have hit the start button on the fob while it was running Im not sure .The ck engine light came on and eventually went back off .We stopped using the remote just in case and no more NO BUS errors random ck engine came on codes showed fuel delivery but cleared on its own .One really odd thing that happened at the time is I was unable to start the car with my key, only the remote fob until for some reason i unlocked the doors, then the key worked fine ??
Suddenly the air bag light would come on and then trigger all the warning lights and drop the gauges to 0 but would keep running fine , even the air bag light for the pass side would light in the console along with a random relay clicking that I could sense in the shifter .This is starting to get more frequent as of late ,any Ideas would be appreciated . 137000 klms on this unit
Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Don't the year of the Compass but I start with the basics since more than one subsystem seems affected.

If it was me I'd suspect a power problem.

- confirm your battery is good and voltage at 13VDC to start with
- clean battery connections

Try again after the above is done.

- follow the battery cables and be certain the contention of both of the are good solid and the cable is not corroded from salt etc. You may have to meter it and or load test at the connections.
- otherwise you may have other connections corroded somewhere else but disconnect the battery ground before unplugging any other connections to clean and reconnect them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts