My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I havent noticed any change in the mileage, mind u I left the battery cover on.. Definitely like the look of the caliber one in the pics. Much nicer than the current intake/battery cov er lol... I just dont see how its that much different to the original piece in terms of function. The only big difference I can see is that the original piece has a lot of chambers either side of the main duct that would affect the flow of the air, but would it make a big difference?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i really like the look of that custon caliber piece, as for milage reference i ended up getting the k&n intake kit so im no longer in the box mod loop

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
i really like the look of that custon caliber piece, as for milage reference i ended up getting the k&n intake kit so im no longer in the box mod loop
So you still going with the Magnaflow? Great addition to the K&N if you do! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok! Just did this mod I must say that this is a great mod (Battery Cover and chamber piece removed).The sound isn't bad at all. The only loud part about it is when you accelerate really. And I think it definatly makes the engine sound a little bigger than usual. The acceleration felt that it had a little more kick to it as well. Thanks for the great idea!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Today I put back on the Battery Cover and found that there was hardly a difference between that and with the chamber peice. I want to keep the cover off but I don't feel that it is that safe... wouldn't it lead to me having to clean the filter more? I don't think the chamber piece being off is a big difference, but to each his own. Maybe put the chamber piece back on and just remove the battery cover?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
the inner chamber piece removed is the key to the increased airflow, keep that out and just use the battery cover. or put it all back together lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah I put the battery cover back on. I like the sound with it off but I am kinda paranoid about things getting into the airbox ... Anyway I would really like to hook that caliber mod up! Or maybe just mod the battery cover instead. Hmmmmm!

·
Registered
222 Posts
i took the baffle piece out and actually did notice improvement! :)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
i took the baffle piece out and actually did notice improvement! :)
Cool, so tell us what are your results? I'm even beginning to see some folks do this with their trucks.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
11 Posts
~Noob Alert~
Stumbled accross this thread while searching for some info, and i plan to try it, but i had a related question. - after checking the quality of my filter , i can't seem to get the box halves lined up right to close, what could be in my way?
any input appreciated, thanks!
07 compass sport 4x4 2.4 Lt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Going off of memory here, but I believe you just need to make sure the left side is snug then snap the right side in... but I could be very, very wrong :).

EDIT:

Ok, I think that is the Honda Pilot I'm thinking of. I just took a look at the pics on the first page and what I do is try to get the bottom lined up, then make sure the filter is where it needs to be, then try to close the top. It takes me a few tries everytime I'm in there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
EDIT:

Ok, I think that is the Honda Pilot I'm thinking of. I just took a look at the pics on the first page and what I do is try to get the bottom lined up, then make sure the filter is where it needs to be, then try to close the top. It takes me a few tries everytime I'm in there.
Thanks! Whats odd is just had it at dealer yesterday for an oil change, and got them to warrenty the battery :)... noticed it was running louder than usual, and saw the box wasnt quite sealedup after they musta checked it. I'll toy with it again later after i pull the baffler. About to hit 36k on this baby!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks! Whats odd is just had it at dealer yesterday for an oil change, and got them to warrenty the battery :)... noticed it was running louder than usual, and saw the box wasnt quite sealedup after they musta checked it. I'll toy with it again later after i pull the baffler. About to hit 36k on this baby!
popped out the baffler, and put the battery cover back on, PITA to put the air box back together for whatever reason. But i do notice a little more power there. Now to fabricate something to eliminate the batt cover ( afraid to leave it open) and all will be well...
thanks all!

·
Registered
24 Posts
well i drove to the States the past long weekend, it was an 8 hour trip. i removed the battery cover part but i did not remove the 2nd piece. i did notice a change in sound and it seems to accelerate a little bit more quickly. but i also got an oil change and changed my filter for my long drive so that might have been the reason too. my compass gets 400km in the city (60km). driving on the highway i also got 400km i don't know if this means the mod made fuel economy worst, but i have to also factor in i was going 60 to 75mph and i had the a/c on cuz i was the only driver and it was the only thing that kept me awake. i am only halfway through the mod though maybe if i take off the second piece i'll get different results

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
well i drove to the States the past long weekend, it was an 8 hour trip. i removed the battery cover part but i did not remove the 2nd piece. i did notice a change in sound and it seems to accelerate a little bit more quickly. but i also got an oil change and changed my filter for my long drive so that might have been the reason too. my compass gets 400km in the city (60km). driving on the highway i also got 400km i don't know if this means the mod made fuel economy worst, but i have to also factor in i was going 60 to 75mph and i had the a/c on cuz i was the only driver and it was the only thing that kept me awake. i am only halfway through the mod though maybe if i take off the second piece i'll get different results
Yeah, you might not need the A/C to keep you awake then. LoL

21 - 40 of 75 Posts