My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
This car was a rush to market. Just a collection of parts from the FCA parts bin that made the Renegade, Cherokee and made this Blasphemy of a SUV with a Jeep title. It's no surprise they are talking about a refresh on a two year old car.
The Compass is nothing more than a Fiat 500. The 500, 500L, 500X and the Renegade are all the same car. The Compass is not a real Jeep. The Compass sold in America is built in Mexico. The Compass is a global vehicle assembled in 3 plants with a total of 300,000 units built a year.

Considering Fiat’s poor quality, you can guess the Compass is plagued with problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not that I really care at this point about the Jeep but the air conditioning in the Compass is flat at best. There is absolutely no bite when you turn it on. Just flat air (no bite, not really all that cold to begin with even set at low). In SouthEast Michigan we have been in the Mid to Upper 90's with 80% plus Humidity for the last two weeks and whether you auto start the car with the air blasting for 20 minutes idling or if you are driving it for well over an hour it never gets below 75-80 degrees ambient temperature in the cabin.

You are better off shutting the air off and opening the windows and praying for a miracle you get some sort of breeze. My wife has made several complaints about it while doing her Shipt runs.

I drive a 2011 F150 5.0 V8 4x4 and a 2002 Mustang GT and the air requires me to shut it off after 5 minutes it gets arctic cold. I've brought up to the dealer and they said it's full of refrigerant and operating as it should. I put a temp probe directly in the vent and it reads 58 at the lowest but when you get another reading about 12-24 inches from the vent it's only showing 70-75 degrees at best.
I drive a 2019 Jeep Compass and the air conditioning is awful it’ll be running for 20 minutes and nothing but just semi warm air like 78 degrees it’s very annoying

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a issue and still have a issue on and off with my A/C. Somedays it blowing great very cold air, other days luke warm air at best.
I first noticed that on some start up's, my temp setting would be on Hi (heat) Before I shut the vehicle down it was on low (cool) with A/C on. It has done this at least a dozen time since I owned the vehicle. (dealer has not been able to correct) Here is my fix when this happens. (blowing luke warm air) I select the combined defrost and floor on the dial settings. Run the temp setting from low all the way up to high let is run for about a minute at that high setting, Make sure when your doing this that the A/C is off. Run the temp setting back down to low and turn on the A/C and it will now blow ice cold air again. I Have NO idea if this will work on any of your vehicle but it does the trick on my 2017.5 trailhawk.

·
Super Moderator
124 Posts
...I first noticed that on some start up's, my temp setting would be on Hi (heat) Before I shut the vehicle down it was on low (cool) with A/C on. It has done this at least a dozen time since I owned the vehicle. (dealer has not been able to correct)...
Has your dealer done the software update per Service Bulletin #24-003-19?

My 2019 was resetting the temperature to Hi randomly, my dealer did the software update (per the TSB) and that fixed the problem. The bulletin applies for 2017 thru 2019 Compasses.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has your dealer done the software update per Service Bulletin #24-003-19?

My 2019 was resetting the temperature to Hi randomly, my dealer did the software update (per the TSB) and that fixed the problem. The bulletin applies for 2017 thru 2019 Compasses.
Well they said they did. (Twice)

·
Registered
106 Posts
My problem on our 2018 was that for no reason the HVAC system would not stay in the "auto" mode, mostly when i made short stops. (drive somewhere for 10 minutes, go into a store for 10-20 minutes and when I would start the Jeep, the system would be off.) The software update fixed this a year ago and no issues since.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Older original post string but here is our experience....our 2019 Compass Sport model has no issues with the AC cooling down the interior even on a hot day and the truck sitting outside cooking. The back vent is not as strong as I would like but the front is working fine.

·
1,039 Posts
I've had no problem with the a/c on either my 2018 or 2019 Compass. It's about average or maybe better than average compared to other recent vehicles I've owned. Between fuel economy standards, pollution regulations, and the best refrigerants being banned for environmental reasons, a/c systems today are not as good as they were 20 years ago. I think the best vehicle HVAC was my '78 Volare: it could cook us in the winter and freeze us in the summer -- and ideal combination!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts