My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2007 2.4L with the CVT 4X4 and I am trying to replace my air filter.

I bought a WIX from the local auto parts store, but it just doesn't fit. It looks like it should, and seems identical to the Mopar one I am taking out, but once in the housing, it will not fit back together. I can't see anything binding, it just doesn't work.

I was going to just go to the dealer and get another Mopar one, but I was also considering getting a K&N.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I was thinking I might get a little better mileage with the K&N (~1%)?

Opinions?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too am looking into getting the K&N filter for my jeep, and if you look in this forum I think there are photos on how to do it. I know with the k&n filter it leaves the filter exposed.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I work in an aftermarket automotive parts store, and just for grins and giggles, I did look up the Compass to see what is available. Give me a bit, and I can get you the right part number.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
According to the Wix site, the correct part number for the air filter is 49192. Do you have the number from the one you bought? Hope this helps, and you didn't end up in a place like the twilight "Zone" where most people don't know vehicles much less parts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast replies, yes that is the WIX part # I got. I got it from Piston Ring (Auto Value) so they do know what they are doing. It is the also the one the WIX site recommends, and the cross from the part # on the Mopar one. :)

And Dirtball, you are thinking of the whole air intake system, I am only wanting to replace the filter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bender said:
Thanks for the fast replies, yes that is the WIX part # I got. I got it from Piston Ring (Auto Value) so they do know what they are doing. It is the also the one the WIX site recommends, and the cross from the part # on the Mopar one. :)

And Dirtball, you are thinking of the whole air intake system, I am only wanting to replace the filter.
OH! ok! lol. Sorry don't know what I was thinking haha! Long day. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
So, you have all of the right numbers, and it still doesn't work??? Let me know, I might can come up with something else. I can cross it on other sites.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cherokee said:
So, you have all of the right numbers, and it still doesn't work??? Let me know, I might can come up with something else. I can cross it on other sites.
I called the dealer today, found out there is only 1 Mopar Air Filter in Canada and it is in Toronto ($25) so I decided just to get the K&N and, with a little persuasion I was able to get the air cleaner back together and I will now see if I get any mileage improvements, but so far, with one night of driving, it is not looking good. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just ordered the whole air intake k&n system yesterday! When It comes in I will put it on and see how well my jeep preforms. I will have the whole air intake system plus my magniflow exhaust, should have some pep! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts