My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I had recently installed install a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system on my 2014 Jeep Compass - 2.4l 6-speed automatic.
I'm loving every bit of it, however my vehicle has been running leaner on fuel. I also have a K&N cold air intake.
Obviously this vehicle is not tuned to have this much air coming in and exiting quicker... The back pressure is practically gone...

Does anyone know how to adjust the Air/Fuel ratio?
Does this require a tune or can it be done with a programmer?

At idle, it runs about 2-4% Lean , and higher RPMs between gears it goes all the way up to 12% at times. Once at highway speeds in the 6th gear, it usually goes back down to about 2-4% lean.

Please let me know :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add, there are no codes. I've ran it for about 500 miles with this new set up, no Check engine light or codes hidden in the system... should i not even worry about it?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
All modern vehicles have computer managed fuel systems.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, lol.. I'm aware... however the vehicle still hasn't adjusted itself which I'd imagine still requires a tune of some sort. Before the upgrades, it never ran lean or rich.
Maybe resetting the engine computer?

Appreciate the input

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yeah resting the engine relearning again might do it. I don't recall the exact process. Something with the gas peddle though. Somewhere in the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts