My Jeep Compass Forum banner

181 - 200 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Hi, friends!
Trying to setup the AlfaOBD on my smartphone...
Please advise which ECU to select? (see snapshot)
My engine is 2.4L Tigershark Multiair, petrol.

Thanks a lot.
I chose the Chrysler Tigershark / Pentastar option. Although I haven't run any procedures with it. Just data logging and checking for error codes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got my MX already from ebay, quicker than amazon! CRAZY!

Cords still slowly coming from UK... just glad to have the compass back....

·
Registered
76 Posts
UPDATE: was able to change the cluster. I installed the cluster and went to a guy that put in his scanner (special scanner for mileage purposes) and in 1 minute or less my new cluster was programmed to reflect the actual mileage of my compass.

My sport cheap compass now has a 7 inch evic color cluster :D

NOTE: the guy only program the mileage of the cluster. Everything else the proxy and configuration was made by me with AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Trying to connect to Body Computer, I got a message "Enter Code Card Data (5 digits)".
Does it mean I have a security module installed and need to obtain a bypass module?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Trying to connect to Body Computer, I got a message "Enter Code Card Data (5 digits)".
Does it mean I have a security module installed and need to obtain a bypass module?

Thank you.
You can choose to either just connect OR login with a code. Just choose connect above the red bar, the "login with codecard" is for special purposes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
@n4cr2k I got my cables, but I am thinking I am going to wait on upgrading for a while. One thing I want to ask because I think I saw you post it somewhere.

Did you say you found an option to lock the car in 2wd? This would amazing for summer driving and save some mpg as well. Thanks for your work with this thread!

Regards.

K

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #194 (Edited)
@n4cr2k I got my cables, but I am thinking I am going to wait on upgrading for a while. One thing I want to ask because I think I saw you post it somewhere.

Did you say you found an option to lock the car in 2wd? This would amazing for summer driving and save some mpg as well. Thanks for your work with this thread!

Regards.

K
In the four wheel drive -> drive train control module, there is a setting for "2WD Dyno Mode" Here is the info that goes along with it:

This function disconnects the rear axle for a test on a 2WD roll bench.
ATTENTION: if you switch the engine off during the procedure, the 4WD mode will be restored.
The procedure shall be allowed only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- Engine started and vehicle stationary
- RDM E-Motor temperature < 135 Deg.C
- Vehicle speed = 0
- No error present for PTU.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Regards.

K
In the four wheel drive -> drive train control module, there is a setting for "2WD Dyno Mode" Here is the info that goes along with it:

This function disconnects the rear axle for a test on a 2WD roll bench.
ATTENTION: if you switch the engine off during the procedure, the 4WD mode will be restored.
The procedure shall be allowed only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- Engine started and vehicle stationary
- RDM E-Motor temperature < 135 Deg.C
- Vehicle speed = 0
- No error present for PTU.
Interesting...

Well darn... There goes that idea... ?

Thanks a ton!

K

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well the idea isn't totally shot, just need to get your own microcontroller hooked up to the CAN-BUS network and capture the transmission of that particular message from the OBDII port/AlfaOBD, then add a button to your micro that regurgitates that 2WD message into the network and then you have push-button 2WD on-demand. If you are good you could read the 4x4 status and have an LED indicator as well.

This is one of those things that would take a lot of initial work getting yourself onto the correct internal bus network and sifting through probably thousands of transmitted messages to find the 2WD one, but once that hard part was over you could start a small company and churn out plug-in OBDII modules with a button and an LED on them, with about $5 worth of electronics inside and all it would do is inject the 2WD message into the bus. You could sell hundreds, probably thousands of those units at $100 each and we'd buy them up like snack cakes.

I'm pretty sure this is what the ESS defeat modules for the other FCA cars are doing, a simple module plugged into the OBDII port that detects when the car starts and immediately fires the "Disable ESS" message into the network. Combine those two things (ESS disable and push-button 2WD mode) and you'd have a popular device for sale for sure.

Any of you medium-sized aftermarket companies listening here? Madness autoworks, where you at?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am not smart enough for any of that hahaha

·
Registered
240 Posts
UPDATE: was able to change the cluster. I installed the cluster and went to a guy that put in his scanner (special scanner for mileage purposes) and in 1 minute or less my new cluster was programmed to reflect the actual mileage of my compass.

My sport cheap compass now has a 7 inch evic color cluster :D

NOTE: the guy only program the mileage of the cluster. Everything else the proxy and configuration was made by me with AlfaOBD.

@Jaime Figueroa can you elaborate on this a bit more or let us know what exactly the tool is called so I can source someone local to me. Also sent you a PM

K

·
Registered
240 Posts
7" is coming in the mail and also got 2 zone HVAC controls to swap out as well so I do not lose my volume and also can use buttons for the climate.

Will update everyone on how it goes with new HVAC controls. If it works, people upgrading should look into it, the part was $50 from a parts yard. :)

K

Reactions: arudlang

·
Registered
21 Posts
7" is coming in the mail and also got 2 zone HVAC controls to swap out as well so I do not lose my volume and also can use buttons for the climate.

Will update everyone on how it goes with new HVAC controls. If it works, people upgrading should look into it, the part was $50 from a parts yard. :)

K
I ordered the 2 zone control panel and installed in my Sport and got everything working. I did have to change a couple settings in the BCM but can't recall off the top of my head which those were. If you have any trouble, let me know and I'll pull my config and let you know exactly what I changed.

181 - 200 of 261 Posts