My Jeep Compass Forum banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the obdlink mx bluetooth and trying to modifiy the parameters in the BCM. I physically located that SGW, it is installed above the pedals behind the steering wheel accessories.
Due to SGW, any change was not possible. I ordered the Autel 8+12 cable, waiting it to arrive.

Moreover, AlfaOBD android APK has recently been updated to check the connection with Security Gateway to whom are not sure for their 2018 Compass etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Finally I got the Blue and Grey adapters. Before changing any parameters, I wanted to make sure the cables are good, so I connected the blue cable between the car OBD port and the OBDMx- it connected to the modules which required blue adapter. However, I could not connect to the modules which requires the Grey adapter. During proxi alignment, I remember it asked for the Grey cable and I am afraid it wont connect to the module and will fail. Any advice ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Finally I got the Blue and Grey adapters. Before changing any parameters, I wanted to make sure the cables are good, so I connected the blue cable between the car OBD port and the OBDMx- it connected to the modules which required blue adapter. However, I could not connect to the modules which requires the Grey adapter. During proxi alignment, I remember it asked for the Grey cable and I am afraid it wont connect to the module and will fail. Any advice ?
You can connect to the ABS Module using the grey module. You only will be able to use the cable to connect to the modues that require th grey module. Not the BCM. The blue cable is you have OBDMx I think its not required. You just have to set up AlfaOBD to have OBDMx Bluetooth and thats it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can connect to the ABS Module using the grey module. You only will be able to use the cable to connect to the modues that require th grey module. Not the BCM. The blue cable is you have OBDMx I think its not required. You just have to set up AlfaOBD to have OBDMx Bluetooth and thats it.
Then I think the Grey cable is faulty. I can not connect to the ABS module using the Grey cable+ obdmx. It does not connect at all.

241 - 244 of 244 Posts