My Jeep Compass Forum banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the obdlink mx bluetooth and trying to modifiy the parameters in the BCM. I physically located that SGW, it is installed above the pedals behind the steering wheel accessories.
Due to SGW, any change was not possible. I ordered the Autel 8+12 cable, waiting it to arrive.
I have the Chrysler 12+8 bypass cable & OBDLink MX+. I can confirm I was able to disconnect the SGW wires & attach the cable/OBDLink MX+, connect to the body computer, & lock/unlock the doors using AlfaOBD. Based on this, anything else should be possible with AlfaOBD on my 2020 Compass Latitude.

·
Registered
280 Posts
hey guys i'm having issues with my proxy alignment... so when i get to the part where its says its time to shut the car off, plug in the gray cable. Next turn on the car and wait until the car displays all of warning messages then press "ok" to continue... I'll look at alfaodb and its able to write the config to all of the systems EXCEPT the ABS system... its says its fails because its outside the parameters. As a result, everything is related to brakes is going off as a warning.... any help would be greatly appreciated its a "2018" latitude but it was manufactured in Dec 2017. This is with all the setting back too, basically my car is constantly saying there is no "surround sound system".. in order to change it, i had to enable it, do a proxy alignment. Then disable surround , and one more proxy alignment. and thats when all the "fun" happened. I upgraded to a 8.4" Uconnect last year and it came out of a salvage car. so my guess is the 8.4" is telling my car that it thinks there needs to be a surround sound system. who knows 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey guys i'm having issues with my proxy alignment... so when i get to the part where its says its time to shut the car off, plug in the gray cable. Next turn on the car and wait until the car displays all of warning messages then press "ok" to continue... I'll look at alfaodb and its able to write the config to all of the systems EXCEPT the ABS system... its says its fails because its outside the parameters. As a result, everything is related to brakes is going off as a warning.... any help would be greatly appreciated its a "2018" latitude but it was manufactured in Dec 2017. This is with all the setting back too, basically my car is constantly saying there is no "surround sound system".. in order to change it, i had to enable it, do a proxy alignment. Then disable surround , and one more proxy alignment. and thats when all the "fun" happened. I upgraded to a 8.4" Uconnect last year and it came out of a salvage car. so my guess is the 8.4" is telling my car that it thinks there needs to be a surround sound system. who knows 🤷‍♂️
You might have some error codes in ABS that need to be cleared before your proxy alignment will succeed.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
drBassman is spot on, when proxy alignments get hung up for me like that it usually means I need to use AlfaOBD to go into the various modules and clear a bunch of error codes, then try doing the proxy alignment again. It can be a tedious process.

·
Registered
33 Posts
what is the expected range for the battery during ECU writes, Proxy Aligns. Is it still safe without a battery charger connected?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions drBassman/zelnaga. alfaodb replied and they said the following
Did you change anything in the car configuration? If yes, then it looks that the ABS doesn't accept the new settings, try to roll them back and re-run the alignment. You can roll back the changes one-by-one and run the alignment to find the one rejected by the ABS.
If you didn't change anything, try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the CAN bus and run the alignment again.
i did restore the setting in case if you all were wondering. I ended up going to the dealership for the proxy alignment and they did it FREE OF CHARGE. BUT when ended up happening is they fixed the ABS system but the radio was not allowing the proxy alignment to complete because the salvage car the 8.4' was pulled out of was had more features than mine 🙄... its always something.. i'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and try this again💪Since its winter im going to hold off trying again until the roads are better because the winters here are pretty tough some years.

Another Update: So the dealership must have done some sort of reset on the uconnect 8.4", now it says chrysler on boot up (no longer says jeep). backup camera no longer is working (acts like it does exist), and i no longer get the "surround sound is missing" when the car is turned on ... BUT not i get zero audio out of my speakers (my guess its trying to push audio to the non existing premium audio system 🤦‍♂️). Lol.... so i think the PLAN for right now is to put the very basic stock radio back in, get another proxy alignment done (to fix the audio issue and backup camera issue) and try again in the spring.

261 - 267 of 267 Posts