My Jeep Compass Forum banner
301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just registered specifically to say, the pin code I believe you’re talking about can be found by yourself with another simple android app. “Chrysler Pin Puller;” (I believe.) If I’m not correct, I apologize.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just wanted to confirm for those who are still having trouble with the proxy alginment failed on abs which is a common issue that the software developer release an updated version for PC and that issue is no longer a problem. For those on Android/mobile device the issue is still present so if you have a laptop that's the way to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I recently bought the AlfaOBD software for windows and succesfully changed my DRL lights from the fog lights to the led strips under the headlights. Some people refer to these leds as park or signature lamps.

First things first, I have a European 2018 Jeep compass limited 4x4 1.4L without the SGW module so I didn't need the bypass. I used an OBDLink EX and bought an extra "grey" adapter to be able to complete the proxy alignment.

First I connected to the "body computer" and then under the Active Diagnostic tab go to "car configuration change". There I enabled the "DRL Menu" since my jeep didn't have the option to turn the DRL on/off in the settings of Uconnect. Did a proxy align and let it sit for a while. After waiting some time an extra option will show up in the Uconnect system. This can take some time so don't be alarmed if you have to wait a few hours. Next I changed "Signature Lighting" in the "car configuration change" to present. It was listed as absent although I had the leds and they worked when the headlights were on. I again did a proxy align and let is sit a while. Now the leds act as DRLs and when I turned the DRL off in the Uconnect settings the fog lights that acted as DRL went out and only the leds stayed on. Exactly as I wanted!!

Hopefully someone can use this, if I change something else I will let you guys know. Cheers!

Note: The "proxy alignment" option can also be found in the Active Dignostic tab after connecting to the "body computer". Just follow the prompts of the software on how to do the alignment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I recently bought the AlfaOBD software for windows and succesfully changed my DRL lights from the fog lights to the led strips under the headlights. Some people refer to these leds as park or signature lamps.

First things first, I have a European 2018 Jeep compass limited 4x4 1.4L without the SGW module so I didn't need the bypass. I used an OBDLink EX and bought an extra "grey" adapter to be able to complete the proxy alignment.

First I connected to the "body computer" and then under the Active Diagnostic tab go to "car configuration change". There I enabled the "DRL Menu" since my jeep didn't have the option to turn the DRL on/off in the settings of Uconnect. Did a proxy align and let it sit for a while. After waiting some time an extra option will show up in the Uconnect system. This can take some time so don't be alarmed if you have to wait a few hours. Next I changed "Signature Lighting" in the "car configuration change" to present. It was listed as absent although I had the leds and they worked when the headlights were on. I again did a proxy align and let is sit a while. Now the leds act as DRLs and when I turned the DRL off in the Uconnect settings the fog lights that acted as DRL went out and only the leds stayed on. Exactly as I wanted!!

Hopefully someone can use this, if I change something else I will let you guys know. Cheers!

Note: The "proxy alignment" option can also be found in the Active Dignostic tab after connecting to the "body computer". Just follow the prompts of the software on how to do the alignment.
So after that for DRL you use only led without fog lights, right? hm
Hi, can you post some images please from uconnect menu and front lights?

It looks similar to this ?

Have you installed some additional led strips? or your lights have it?

Thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
So after that for DRL you use only led without fog lights, right? hm
Hi, can you post some images please from uconnect menu and front lights?

It looks similar to this ?

Have you installed some additional led strips? or your lights have it?

Thank you
I can now choose to have the leds and fog lights as DRL or only the leds as DRL.
I can control the fog lights with the light settings in my Uconnect system.
I didn't add any led strips, my car came with led lights under the headlamps as standard.

Only leds:
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

Leds and fog lights:
Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

My Uconnect now looks like this. I added the setting 'Daglichten' which means DRL in my language under the light settings in Uconnect.
With this setting I can now turn the fog lights on/off to act as additional DRLs.
The leds under my headlamps are now permanently turned on by setting the "Signature Lighting" setting to present with AlfaOBD.
Font Gadget Screenshot Technology Multimedia

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can now choose to have the leds and fog lights as DRL or only the leds as DRL.
I can control the fog lights with the light settings in my Uconnect system.
I didn't add any led strips, my car came with led lights under the headlamps as standard.

Only leds:
View attachment 16601

Leds and fog lights:
View attachment 16600

My Uconnect now looks like this. I added the setting 'Daglichten' which means DRL in my language under the light settings in Uconnect.
With this setting I can now turn the fog lights on/off to act as additional DRLs.
The leds under my headlamps are now permanently turned on by setting the "Signature Lighting" setting to present with AlfaOBD.
View attachment 16602
just one question and i'll try it because probably i have same lapms as yours.
Does it affect LED lifespan? maybe that's why the use it fog light for that? (there is a removable bulb there )

ok i see that have different lamps and fog light are not the same as drl.
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
just one question and i'll try it because probably i have same lapms as yours.
Does it affect LED lifespan? maybe that's why the use it fog light for that? (there is a removable bulb there )
I don't think so. It's because of European rules. In Europe DRLs are mandatory that's why there is no option to turn DRLs off in European cars. Secondly European rules also require a certain amount of light that needs to be emitted by the DRLs. The leds are not very strong so probably they don't meet the European standards to be considered acceptable DRLs. Jeep fixed this in the facelift of the jeep compass and gave them stronger leds to act as DRLs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think so. It's because of European rules. In Europe DRLs are mandatory that's why there is no option to turn DRLs off in European cars. Secondly European rules also require a certain amount of light that needs to be emitted by the DRLs. The leds are not very strong so probably they don't meet the European standards to be considered acceptable DRLs. Jeep fixed this in the facelift of the jeep compass and gave them stronger leds to act as DRLs.
Ok, so i enabled DLR in menu
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grille Automotive exterior Bumper

and now i’m able to turn of it at all:)

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

so i don’t know that i will be able to change it to led strips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes you will. You have exactly the same lights as me.
View attachment 16607

Now you need to set "Signature Lighting" in the "car configuration change" to present with AlfaOBD and you are done.
yes i just did it and it works great:)
Leds signature works and i’m able to turn off drl from uconnect;)

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Thank you

now it’s time to find a way to roll up windows on lock car🤔

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes i just did it and it works great:)
Leds signature works and i’m able to turn off drl from uconnect;)

View attachment 16608

View attachment 16609

Thank you

now it’s time to find a way to roll up windows on lock car🤔
Perfect! I think it looks a lot nicer with the signature lights especially in the evening.

I would like to have my mirrors fold automatically when I lock my car but I don't think it's possible..

301 - 312 of 312 Posts