My Jeep Compass Forum banner

121 - 140 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
@arudland

Let me know when you get your cables, I can probably work with the alfaobd dev to get you the latest test app.

Correct, minimum cables are blue and grey

So far all I have changed hardware wise is the 7" to 8.4" screen. My 7" had sxm capability. I assume turning on the feature enabled some kind of trial mode. I have also reupholstered my vehicle with the katzkin leather seats. One of the options to change in the body computer is seat material. Currently it's set for cloth, I will change it to leather. Not sure if this does anything, but might adjust the parameters for the heated seats?

Once I get these squared away I'd be interested in the rear LED lights, power folding mirrors, radar/distance sensor with ACC

Doing some more research on my loading nav screen issue, I found pictures from dealer websites of new vehicles that show exactly the same screen as I'm getting.
NAV globe loading example

This makes me wonder if I just need to somehow "activate" or link my uconnect to my VIN?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Did you ever try to enable connected services? Doesn't seem like it should be related to nav but who knows, could be some weird dependency there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Tried that this morning. It let me send the registration via email, but the automated email I got back said they were unable to process the request at this time. I have a ticket open with infotainment.com, we'll see if they respond.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nick can you communicate this to the cv developer.

I brought the cluster the color one but when trying to change the mileage this happens.

I imagine (hope) that function requires a dealer security code that they would not share with you. US law requires you to place a sticker in the drivers door jamb with the mileage and date at the time of replacement if you cannot convince a dealer to fix this for you. State laws may have more requirements but If you don't follow them perfectly you could face a 3 year federal prison sentence. You also just destroyed any resale value you may have had with the car. Any reputable dealer wouldn't touch this car with a 50 ft poll.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nick can you communicate this to the cv developer.

I brought the cluster the color one but when trying to change the mileage this happens.

I imagine (hope) that function requires a dealer security code that they would not share with you. US law requires you to place a sticker in the drivers door jamb with the mileage and date at the time of replacement if you cannot convince a dealer to fix this for you. State laws may have more requirements but If you don't follow them perfectly you could face a 3 year federal prison sentence. You also just destroyed any resale value you may have had with the car. Any reputable dealer wouldn't touch this car with a 50 ft poll.
I have the mechanical security code of my vehicle. And the normal security code. The bad thing is that my car odometer has 23XXX miles and the odometer i brought has 75XX aprox.

I need to edit the mileage in the new cluster to reflect the actual vehicle mileage. (This is not against the law. What would be against the law is just installing the new cluster and inferring the vehicle has a lower mileage. )

And I'm stuck on this. By the way dealerships don't have access to this (editing odometers) so going to the dealership would be a waste of time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
The developer published a new version of the app last night. I didn't try it yet, but this one has the preference setting to force the use of the blue adapter cable like I was testing. Haven't heard back if OBDLink is able to fix the issue on their end.

I was playing with some of the settings to see what other easy things we could enable. So far here is what I found:

Things that worked:
SDARS Travel Link: Enabled (SiriusXM Travel Link) [paid subscription, likely won't be able to transfer ownership]
NAV Presence: Enabled (enables NAV icon)
GPS Presence: Enabled (also for NAV)
Surround: Enabled (Surround sound audio option. Probably need upgraded audio to actually hear a difference)

Didn't work:
Global Window Down: Enabled (Should allow windows to be rolled down by a double click/hold of unlock on the fob. there is one other window option that may need to be set too, but I didn't test?)
Special Package VP: Limited (Didn't notice any changes with this, maybe someone with a limited can chime in with whats supposed to be different. I didn't try the trailhawk setting)
Navigation Repetition Menu: Enabled (Navigation Repetition was already enabled, but this didn't add any additional menu/toggle. I assume this is for navigation in the TFT/evic?)

Not sure:
Seat Material: Leather (Might effect heated seats/cooled seats as there is an option for perforated leather. Need someone with factory leather to dump their BCM to compare)

·
Registered
166 Posts
The developer published a new version of the app last night. I didn't try it yet, but this one has the preference setting to force the use of the blue adapter cable like I was testing. Haven't heard back if OBDLink is able to fix the issue on their end.

I was playing with some of the settings to see what other easy things we could enable. So far here is what I found:

Things that worked:
SDARS Travel Link: Enabled (SiriusXM Travel Link) [paid subscription, likely won't be able to transfer ownership]
NAV Presence: Enabled (enables NAV icon)
GPS Presence: Enabled (also for NAV)
Surround: Enabled (Surround sound audio option. Probably need upgraded audio to actually hear a difference)

Didn't work:
Global Window Down: Enabled (Should allow windows to be rolled down by a double click/hold of unlock on the fob. there is one other window option that may need to be set too, but I didn't test?)
Special Package VP: Limited (Didn't notice any changes with this, maybe someone with a limited can chime in with whats supposed to be different. I didn't try the trailhawk setting)
Navigation Repetition Menu: Enabled (Navigation Repetition was already enabled, but this didn't add any additional menu/toggle. I assume this is for navigation in the TFT/evic?)

Not sure:
Seat Material: Leather (Might effect heated seats/cooled seats as there is an option for perforated leather. Need someone with factory leather to dump their BCM to compare)
Forgive me if I sound stupid, but did you get the navigation working without any navigation software/hardware?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Forgive me if I sound stupid, but did you get the navigation working without any navigation software/hardware?
No, I bought the UAQ 8.4 NAV unit. I thought about trying to put back my 7" and run a proxy alignment to see what happens. But I doubt it would work. Maybe I'll try next weekend. To be honest I don't know if there is a hardware difference between UAQ (NAV) and UAS (non nav) or they lock it in software.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Don't suppose you can see if adaptive cruise control can be turned on?
Since I have a manual in the US, The safety and security package didn't come with the front facing radar. I think last time I tried to connect to the adaptive cruise control module it timed out. The module would probably need to be added. It would be interesting to see those who already have the radar, if you have the module and can connect. If that works, it might be as simple as adding the buttons and enabling?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Still waiting on my adapter cables. I paid extra for expedited shipping that said by March 4th. The slower shipping option was by March 13th. We are just now rolling into March 12th so... looks like the seller mighta pocketed the extra shipping money...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Still waiting on my adapter cables. I paid extra for expedited shipping that said by March 4th. The slower shipping option was by March 13th. We are just now rolling into March 12th so... looks like the seller mighta pocketed the extra shipping money...
Mine took forever to arrive. I did the regular shipping method and they arrived on the last day of the shipping window.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
After working with infotainment and navrepair they determined my stuck loading maps was due to a faulty/corrupted/missing map database. Since you can't re-flash the current software version they are going to swap my unit for a replacement. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to report a fully working installation.

While i'm waiting for my replacement I'll be able to determine if surround sound works, and what happens if nav/gps is enabled on the 7".

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
So I swapped my 7" back in while I wait for my replacement. I left all the GPS & NAV stuff in the BCM. Surround sound works, so there is a freebie. No nav as expected, travel link doesn't show up either. Also the responsiveness of the 8.4 is leaps and bounds better than the 7". I forgot how laggy that was.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I swapped my 7" back in while I wait for my replacement. I left all the GPS & NAV stuff in the BCM. Surround sound works, so there is a freebie. No nav as expected, travel link doesn't show up either. Also the responsiveness of the 8.4 is leaps and bounds better than the 7". I forgot how laggy that was.
The 8.4 has car play and Android auto right?

I'm thinking of upgrading front the 5 uconnect to the 8.4 but the one I can buy does not have NAV.

I was thinking nav was not that necessary. As here in Puerto Rico GPS are a mess.

Does it have Android auto?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
The 8.4 has car play and Android auto right?

I'm thinking of upgrading front the 5 uconnect to the 8.4 but the one I can buy does not have NAV.

I was thinking nav was not that necessary. As here in Puerto Rico GPS are a mess.

Does it have Android auto?
Yes, both the 7" and the 8.4 versions have android auto and apple car play. the 8.4 comes in two versions UAS = No nav and UAQ = Nav. I use android, so not sure about car play, but I can say android auto takes advantage of the bigger 8.4 screen nicely.

·
Registered
48 Posts
android auto takes advantage of the bigger 8.4 screen nicely.
I would love to have access to the buttons at the bottom instead of hitting the exit button....asking if I want to exit.....exiting to media screen....then I can finally shut off the heated steering wheel lol.

121 - 140 of 210 Posts