My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I did some web surfing to determine the best 6x9's to upgrade to. Went with a set of Soundstream SST6.9.

They would NOT fit in the stock opening with modification....a bit too long so had to grind to fit in the front doors. And the magnet was way too big to fit past the rear door internal framework.

So, I'm very interested in what aftermarket speakers y'all went with that DID fit right in without (or at list very little) physical modifiation to them or the doors to get them to fit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I did some web surfing to determine the best 6x9's to upgrade to. Went with a set of Soundstream SST6.9.

They would NOT fit in the stock opening with modification....a bit too long so had to grind to fit in the front doors. And the magnet was way too big to fit past the rear door internal framework.

So, I'm very interested in what aftermarket speakers y'all went with that DID fit right in without (or at list very little) physical modifiation to them or the doors to get them to fit.
Have a look into crutchfield.com.... they have a compability chart....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advise

And actually went that route last week after posting this.

Went with ALPINE SPR-69

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went with MB Quart (from Amazon) for $45 bucks and mounting adapters. They were 6x9, model #FTB169.

Went in nice and smooth with the mounting brackets, Scosche #SA69....actually on sale right now at Amazon for $5.99.

GL

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is very good to know, I was going to actually just go out and buy some 6x9 but glad I read, I will most likely do the 6.5" bracket and run some beastly mids and tweets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts