My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have the compass for a month and havent washed it.

i did just order more detailing stuff
(im a zaino fan)

but since its raining so much i figure i should get to it by september

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know how you feel

I want to get a coat of wax on my Compass to get it off to a good start but finding enough of a dry and then not to sunny day to get it washed AND waxed is proving hard!

Maybe this weekend will be the one...

Cheers
Rog

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mine suffered a lot through the winter because there just isn't much you can do in the snowy times here other than the drive-thru car wash, especially when I don't have a heated garage to park it in. I did a really thorough interior clean this spring, leather conditioner on the seats and everything, but I have yet to wax mine. Bought new pads for my buffer, just haven't had a good window of opportunity.

I don't feel as bad as I have with some cars, because this is a Jeep. Its socially acceptable to have a dirty SUV or truck (around here anyways) but if you have a slick sports car the same isn't true. Hence, I have polished the wife's turbo coupe this year but still haven't done the Compass. Its ok.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will confess - quarterly wash and wax is done at a local detail shop that is fantastic =P

That said while we do the washes there too we actually use some wax products after basic washes as needed

some new ceramic products using nano tech out there anyone try them yet? Ceramic Pro is one that is making the rounds around here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Having a problem with mine at the moment with glue marks left by the wrapping that would have been on the car when it was delivered.

Soap and water doesn’t remove them and other cleaners only have limited effect. I contacted the dealer (not local and a 200 mile round trip) and they suggested T-Cut. While I am sure this will work I am not about to start T-cutting a two week old car. They also left residue on the seats, stickers on the wheels and plastic covers on the interior door handles.

Just waiting to hear from them what they are going to do to resolve this. Really annoying though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nah. The weather where I live means going a month is not out of the question. I was going to attack the interior of mine today, but - rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts