My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this lift? Extra .5" vs. the Teraflex for the 2.0 and they have a new 4.0 out as well for 4"

Curious about pix. They said they don't have any install pictures of a Compass. I'm struggling finding pictures of most things Compass related really.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone installed this lift? Extra .5" vs. the Teraflex for the 2.0 and they have a new 4.0 out as well for 4"

Curious about pix. They said they don't have any install pictures of a Compass. I'm struggling finding pictures of most things Compass related really.
I can't imagine going to 4 inches as I'm still adjusting to the ride difference in 1.5 inches. there's more bounce and road crown pull.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't imagine going to 4 inches as I'm still adjusting to the ride difference in 1.5 inches. there's more bounce and road crown pull.
I wouldn't do 4" but wondering if the ATP is much different than the Tera flex 1.5" but haven't seen one single picture of anyone doing the ATP.

I'm also wondering if the lift levels the rake out of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've looked into their lift kit. Kinda tempted to purchase the 4.0 lift. I've been lurking on the renegade forums and alot of them have gone with the avidessentials lift kit. From my understanding the renegade lift kit should be compatible with the compass.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I'm curious as well as these are the two that I was considering. I agree that the extra .5" is appealing though I haven't seen the ATP lift on an MP yet. I have seen (on these forums somewhere on a different thread) the Teraflex 1.5" lift and I must say it looks good, especially with larger, knobbier tires. There are a few factors that are MAYBE making me lean more towards the Teraflex -

1) Price - Teraflex rings in at approx. $120 cheaper
2) Promise of maintaining factory camber/caster angles and that suspension alignment falls within factory specs (ATP only states theirs maintains "factory ride"...?)
3) FRONT SWAY BAR QUICK DISCONNECTS!! Teraflex claims they're the only one that offers this feature which seems like nice little bonus for increased articulation

...then again

an extra .5" means you could fit beefier tires!! AND ATP has reached out to me on IG and said they'd offer a discount if I ran some of their cool rhino decals; didn't say how much but could be worth it. AAANND their shop is here in Orange County, Ca so I feel this weird obligation to support a local shop...maybe they'd put it on for me too : ) AHHH I'm torn as well. Sorry as this probably doesn't help. GOOD LUCK in your decision!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its weird after the Teraflex lift my steering feels a little looser and can drift/pull more then i feel it did on road crown. When it's on flat road it drives straight. This normal after a lift?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Its weird after the Teraflex lift my steering feels a little looser and can drift/pull more then i feel it did on road crown. When it's on flat road it drives straight. This normal after a lift?
Did you have a full wheel alignment done after the lift was installed?
Your straight line alignment maybe close but your wheel camber/ castor are most likely off if it feels like it's loose or drifts. IMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im probably gonna go for this lift kit. Teraflex has been known on JK products to brake or just not be strong enough. Anything that you put on your suspension is a major flag if the products have been known to fail. ATP is better in this, with better quality in theory, and better materials too.

Im getting the ATP also because regardless of having a "quick disconnect* in the teraflex, wich honestly if you ever need that much flex, you probably shouldn't be doing it in a compass anyway. I don't like that you drill into the inner fender just to out the catch of the quick disconnect sway bars. So better off not drilling at all. 🙂

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a guy on a Compass facebook page that has purchased the 4" lift. I believe he is waiting on more parts before install. Wheel spacers and maybe wheels and tires.... don't remember. Hope he is able to get started soon though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the 2" lift installed on my 2017 Compass. New wheels and tires coming next week. I'm already running 235/60/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3 and am hoping to be able to go a little bigger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My only thing with most the lift kits out right now is they have to drop the rear subframe. Now correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't dropping the rear subframe kinda defeat the purpose? Yeah your Compass may sit higher
but don't you lose ground clearance in the rear?

·
Registered
37 Posts
MP is in the shop as we speak getting the ATP 2.0 lift installed. Will post pictures as soon as I can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the way it turned out. This is the only picture I took so far; this picture doesn’t quite do it justice but it’ll do for now.

Going to go with bigger tires as soon as these ones need replacing

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow that looks great. How much did it end up costing you (kit+install)?
Total was just under $700 all in. Took advantage of a sale from ATP (follow them on social media or check their website to see what sales they’re running) and went to a local shop in Orange County, CA for the install.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone with any lift (and/or running larger tires) using wheel spacers? Any thoughts - positive or negative? Penny for your thoughts...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts