My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Jeep Compass that I got a few months ago. I've had it looked at by the dealership twice. When I plug my phone in to the USB port, my phone freaks out and the Android Auto/U connect screen won't stay up. My phone keeps giving notifications that it's connected then disconnected and connected again. If anything pops up on the display, it only lasts for a second or two and then goes back to the radio. I have the Lg v60 Think 5g. I've tried two phones and three cords and the same thing happens. The dealership told me that my phone is outdated and can't handle it. My husband has the same exact phone and doesn't have any problems in his 2019 Jeep Cherokee. Please help!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The dealership told me that my phone is outdated and can't handle it. My husband has the same exact phone and doesn't have any problems in his 2019 Jeep Cherokee.
Have you tried your phone in his car, and vice-versa? Have you tried plugging into the rear seat USB port (despite what the manual says, that one also supports Android Auto, at least for me)? Have you tried cleaning the USB port (rubbing alcohol on a bit of clean cloth and something thin like a toothpick to gently work it around)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried your phone in his car, and vice-versa? Have you tried plugging into the rear seat USB port (despite what the manual says, that one also supports Android Auto, at least for me)? Have you tried cleaning the USB port (rubbing alcohol on a bit of clean cloth and something thin like a toothpick to gently work it around)?
Mine works just fine in his car. I actually just tried the rear USB port and it works! It's so strange and doesn't make any sense lol. I'll have to try the rubbing alcohol. Thank you! I feel like if the back one works the front one should work as well right? Super frustrating.

·
Registered
261 Posts
what software version is your Jeep running? What version is his Jeep running? All other things being the same Im inclined to think there is a difference in software between the 2 Jeeps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts