My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine works except I can't adjust the dang volume, too loud grrr
I had the problem that it was too quiet for a while. Figured out that I had audio section on the phone and change all of Bluetooth volume settings. It isn't using the standard volume settings.

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats in the "about" phone screen in settings, correct?
Yeah, System, About Phone and then scroll down to Android version.

At this point for you I would suggest trying another cable and also uninstalling android auto, restarting, reinstall and see if that restarts the prompts just in case you missed something important the first time and it didn't start back up again. Also if you are thinking of going to the dealer anyways, see if you can plug into another 8.4 on the lot and see if you get the same response.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, System, About Phone and then scroll down to Android version.

At this point for you I would suggest trying another cable and also uninstalling android auto, restarting, reinstall and see if that restarts the prompts just in case you missed something important the first time and it didn't start back up again. Also if you are thinking of going to the dealer anyways, see if you can plug into another 8.4 on the lot and see if you get the same response.

I bought a new OEM cable from Amazon, uninstalled the app, reinstalled, restarted the phone, and now it works. Thanks!

All is right in the world, today.

Reactions: Wolfy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the problem that it was too quiet for a while. Figured out that I had audio section on the phone and change all of Bluetooth volume settings. It isn't using the standard volume settings.
Thanks! Will give it a look again next time I drive it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help please, I have a 4 month old galaxy s20, and a 4 month old 2020 compass. I’m going through high quality cables like crazy, they work for charging but not data apparently. It’s getting rather frustrating. Practically a new cable a week. “Device not recognized” is my new enemy. I have disabled debugging, make sure my cables are high quality, and keep a clean vehicle, no crumbs in my ports. I’ve tried switching to USB 2 with no success. Same issue. Is there a specialty Jeep issue cable I’m missing? For real though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2018 Compass Latitude and reading through the forums I noticed people mentioning using android auto on their uconnect. I downloaded the app and hooked up to the car via USB and turned on the app but i cant figure out how to get it to cast to the uconnect screen. it seems to just stay on my phone screen.

is the 2018 compatible, and if so am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!
I don’t know but I have an iPhone and didn’t have a problem you need to pair it with the phone and put in the number that comes up on the phone on the radio.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts