My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 215/65/R16 winter tires that were on my old Patriot standard 16" steelies (I kept them after I swapped it for the Compass)

So my questions is what's the widest rim I can put in these tires? The patriot wheels are 6.5" but i really like the Keystone wheels off the Liberty, which are 7"

I did some mock ups here of a few winter rim choices, I like the patriot steelies and the Liberty wheels best - although I might just get standard winter steelies from Canadian Tire, as black looks good anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had some 215 on 7inch mags and it's was perfect :)
BTW the Liberty wheels don't have the same offset.. you will need some big mudflap like me lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had some 215 on 7inch mags and it's was perfect :)
BTW the Liberty wheels don't have the same offset.. you will need some big mudflap like me lol
Thanks Jose - do all Liberty wheels have different offset?

I found some of these (see image) and would love to get them on for winter

From what I can tell the bolt pattern and backspace are the same but not sure on offset, will I need a spacer? If so I don't think I'll bother - or will they fit but be wider than standard as you suggest?

Anyone here know for sure if they're any good?

Good info here:
Jeep Liberty/Tires & Rims - The Full Wiki

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered my winter rims last week; went with standard black steel rims unfortunately, the choice for black 16" alloys in my price range was non-existent! And I couldn't find any good used Liberty rims anyway

I already have 215/65/R16 Uniroyal Tiger Paws (from my old Patriot) so I ordered 16x6.5 rims, getting them installed in November, pics when they're on!

The lower price means I have spare cash to buy some Weathertech floor mats... :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so now I find out that the old tires are too small to replace my 215/65/17 OWL tires (by 3.54%), even though my local Jeep parts department recommended those exact tires! :mad:

So I had to order a set of 215/70/r16 for my new rims being fitted Tuesday - total cost $800. They're Wintercats, couldn't afford to go for better, but they look pretty good - pictures when I have them on!

I'll be getting Mopar slush mats instead of Weathertechs :(

So I have 4x Tiger Paws for sale (check the classifieds)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Winter Rims

So I got the rims and tires on, more images when I get chance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts